error while installing dealii using candi

ME20D503 NEWTON

Jul 6, 2022, 4:01:45 AM7/6/22
to deal.II User Group
Dear all,
please find the error attached.

thank you in advance.PHOTO-2022-07-06-00-19-11.jpg

Bruno Turcksin

Jul 6, 2022, 8:30:24 AM7/6/22
to deal.II User Group
Hello,

This error often happens when you don't have enough memory to compile the program. Try using only one or two cores.

Best,

Bruno

erkin yildiz

Jul 21, 2022, 8:00:48 AM7/21/22
to deal.II User Group
Can you please suggest me how to use only one or two cores? Please find attached the log file

6 Temmuz 2022 Çarşamba tarihinde saat 14:30:24 UTC+2 itibarıyla bruno.t...@gmail.com şunları yazdı:
output.txt

Wolfgang Bangerth

Jul 21, 2022, 10:55:53 AM7/21/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
On 7/21/22 06:00, erkin yildiz wrote:
> **
>
> Can you please suggest me how to use only one or two cores? Please find
> attached the log file

Use the flag -j1 or -j2 on the command line.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu

erkin yildiz

Jul 21, 2022, 11:10:58 AM7/21/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your suggestion. JOBS = 1 is the default in candi.sh and passing -j1 does not make any difference. Could it be related to the flag -std=c++17? How can I impose it?

Thanks for your help
Erkin

Wolfgang Bangerth <bang...@colostate.edu>, 21 Tem 2022 Per, 16:55 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Informativa sulla Privacy: https://www.unibs.it/it/node/1452

Ahmad Shahba

Jul 21, 2022, 11:36:23 AM7/21/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
By using the -j1 argument, you are requesting candi to use 1 process for compilation. If you are interested to engage, say 2 processes, you should pass -j2 to the candi shell script. Something like

./candi.sh -j2

If you visit the github homepage of candi, you’ll see a whole bunch of options for controlling the way candi goes about compiling and installing deal.ii and its dependencies.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "deal.II User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dealii/CAP3xP0pn2Oz_ErACZQO4NNduMgzOWZSMFFgTS6bKVgx%3DF560nw%40mail.gmail.com.