Copyright years during pull request review

Wolfgang Bangerth

Jan 25, 2017, 6:07:45 PM1/25/17
to dealii-d...@googlegroups.com

All,
we've had a few emails over time where, during patch review, people
comment on copyright years in tests or other files they touch. But this
is really not necessary -- before every release we let a script run that
replaces the last year in each files by the last one for which the git
history actually shows any activity. It also replaces individual,
comma-separated years by a range.

In other words, it is not necessary to point out that
2013-2015
was changed by someone's editor to
2013-2015, 2017
or that it *should* be changed to something. The script will just take
care of it! :-)

Cheers
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu

Jean-Paul Pelteret

Jan 26, 2017, 1:14:17 AM1/26/17
to deal.II developers, bang...@colostate.edu
Thanks for the info, Wolfgang! I didn't know about this great feature :-)