do we need tags in issue titles?

Denis Davydov

Feb 3, 2017, 7:59:25 AM2/3/17
to deal.II developers
Hi all,

We have a lot of issues with "[8.5.0 Release]" in title now. Any reasons for adding this in addition to assigning "Release 8.5" milestone?
It's all personal preferences, but I think it's more neat to have only description in titles and use tags/milestones of Github more extensively.
If there are no objections, i would go ahead and remove it from issues and substitute by tags/milestone where appropriate.

Cheers,
Denis.

David Wells

Feb 3, 2017, 5:17:06 PM2/3/17
to deal.II developers
I think this is a good idea: this lets us see everything at once when we click on 'milestone 8.5'.

Matthias Maier

Feb 3, 2017, 6:38:06 PM2/3/17
to dealii-d...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017, at 16:17 CST, David Wells <drw...@vt.edu> wrote:

> I think this is a good idea: this lets us see everything at once when we
> click on 'milestone 8.5'.

All issues in question are already grouped to milestone 8.5

I don't know why you two hate my redundant tags so much that are
redundant :'-(

Best,
Matthias

Denis Davydov

Feb 3, 2017, 7:26:13 PM2/3/17
to dealii-d...@googlegroups.com

> 4 февр. 2017 г., в 0:37, Matthias Maier <tam...@43-1.org> написал(а):
I never said hate.

I just don't find it visually appealing because there is, IMO, a better suited GUI tools for that -- milestones and labels with colors. It also looks good when there are more than one tag attached, i.e. "C++11" label and "release 8.5" milestone.

Cheers,
Denis