Virtual hackathon in early January?

Wolfgang Bangerth

Dec 31, 2016, 8:57:52 PM12/31/16
to deal.II developers

All,
I don't recall where exactly, but someone had proposed we do a mini-hackathon
in the second week of January where we try to do something about our backlog
of github issues:
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues
Is there still interest in this? (If we get just 20 people to do address one
issue per day, then we reduce the backlog by half!) If so, I could write to
the general mailing list encouraging people to join!

Cheers
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu

Jean-Paul Pelteret

Jan 1, 2017, 6:11:41 AM1/1/17
to deal.II developers, bang...@colostate.edu
I'd be happy to contribute where possible!

J-P

Matthias Maier

Jan 1, 2017, 9:27:33 AM1/1/17
to dealii-d...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016, at 19:38 CST, Wolfgang Bangerth <bang...@colostate.edu> wrote:

> All,
> I don't recall where exactly, but someone had proposed we do a
> mini-hackathon in the second week of January where we try to do
> something about our backlog of github issues:
> https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues
> Is there still interest in this? (If we get just 20 people to do
> address one issue per day, then we reduce the backlog by half!) If so,
> I could write to the general mailing list encouraging people to join!

Guess this someone was me :-]

Yes, I'm up for a hackaton in the second week of January.

Happy new year!
Matthias

Daniel Arndt

Jan 1, 2017, 5:11:01 PM1/1/17
to deal.II developers
Me as well!

David Wells

Jan 2, 2017, 2:05:54 PM1/2/17
to deal.II developers, bang...@colostate.edu
Dear everyone,

I would be happy to help with this.

Thanks,
David Wells

Bruno Turcksin

Jan 3, 2017, 10:50:30 AM1/3/17
to deal.II developers
Count me in.

Best,

Bruno

Timo Heister

Jan 3, 2017, 12:23:02 PM1/3/17
to deal.II developers
This is the start of the semester for me, so I will be quite busy.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Bruno Turcksin
<bruno.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me in.
>
> Best,
>
> Bruno

>> Dear everyone,
>>
>> I would be happy to help with this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David Wells
>>
>> On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 8:57:52 PM UTC-5, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
>>>

>>> All,
>>> I don't recall where exactly, but someone had proposed we do a
>>> mini-hackathon
>>> in the second week of January where we try to do something about our
>>> backlog
>>> of github issues:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_dealii_dealii_issues&d=CwIBaQ&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=R5lvg9JC99XvuTgScgbY_QFS80R7PEA2q0EPwDy7VQw&m=jmibCWGv9zOWAFbrv8zYEE0UKPbF02NxDaJFdWuOytg&s=DVZZYAk9qKN7JGRyYQ4Li_r6jLz8BtbMd6zjbLqZuso&e=
>>> Is there still interest in this? (If we get just 20 people to do address
>>> one
>>> issue per day, then we reduce the backlog by half!) If so, I could write
>>> the general mailing list encouraging people to join!
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> W.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu
>>> www: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.math.colostate.edu_-7Ebangerth_&d=CwIBaQ&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=R5lvg9JC99XvuTgScgbY_QFS80R7PEA2q0EPwDy7VQw&m=jmibCWGv9zOWAFbrv8zYEE0UKPbF02NxDaJFdWuOytg&s=FAq6aCiRRxG61Lj0kIx0ek6YYm1BApou_qfagSTKSBA&e=
>>>
>> --
>
> --

Timo Heister
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/

Denis Davydov

Jan 6, 2017, 2:57:19 AM1/6/17
to deal.II developers
Unfortunately, I am also quite busy preparing new lectures to be used right after Christmas break.