Bug when Using deal.II on Mac, anyone can help?

Peimeng Yin

Jul 11, 2017, 12:33:38 PM7/11/17
to deal.II developers
Hi all,

I used deal.II to solve my personal code and I can run it on Linux, but when I run it on Mac, it shows bug as follows. I am wondering anyone can help me on it.

Location: /usr/local/deal.II

/usr/local/lib : links to deal.II, lac, base,tbb,lib*,libdeal_II.g.dylib, libdeal_II.dylib
/usr/local/include : links to deal.II/lib/lib*.

The error information:

c++  -std=c++14 -o main  Beam1d.g.o  Data.g.o  main.g.o -L /usr/local/lib -L /usr/local/include -ldeal_II  -ldl -lpthread

  "tbb::internal::thread_get_id_v3()", referenced from:

      tbb::this_tbb_thread::get_id() in Beam1d.g.o

make: *** [main] Error 1

David Wells

Jul 17, 2017, 4:30:43 PM7/17/17
to deal.II developers
Hey there,

My apologies for the slow response to this.

May I ask what version of deal.II you are using? If you are explicitly linking against a library named libbase.dylib you may be using a very old version of the library and, if that is the case, you may be able to fix the problem by upgrading.

Thanks,
David Wells

David Wells

Jul 17, 2017, 4:33:02 PM7/17/17
to deal.II developers
I should have checked the other mailing list first. Lets continue the discussion started there.