XFS-filesystem

Eberhard Heuser

Jan 12, 2015, 11:29:50 AM1/12/15
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to see the XFS-filesystem, because my Samsung Blu-Ray-Cable-Receiver uses this FS.

I've looked around but couldn't find any description howto generate the firmware from the scratch.

regards
Eberhard

Stefan Scheffler

Jan 12, 2015, 6:20:37 PM1/12/15
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com

It's in the FAQ (https://code.google.com/p/snake-os/wiki/FAQ) under
"How can I make my own". In short, install the build deps, checkout the
svn repo and run mk_snakeos_image.sh.

The entry also explains how to change the kernel config. If you know
what you are doing you could edit configs/str8132_defconfig_jffs2
with a text editor directly instead of going through the kernel
configurator.

stefan

Am Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:29:50 -0800 (PST)

Eberhard Heuser

Jan 13, 2015, 6:39:38 AM1/13/15
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stefan,

Now I have all parts together but there is one question:

The Conrad-drive uses a gnsd630 config file but there are two of them:
str8132-gnsd630_defconfig_jffs2 and str8132-gnsd630_defconfig_ramimage

Which one should I use as a template?

thanks in advance
Eberhard

Stefan Scheffler

Jan 13, 2015, 9:47:32 AM1/13/15
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com

Use str8132-gnsd630_defconfig_jffs2.

The other one is for the recovery image. If you have serial console
access you could use it to test the kernel configuration without
installing the regular image, but otherwise you can leave it
alone.

I'm actually kinda curious how well XFS works. Some of these things
support it in the original firmware.

stefan

Am Tue, 13 Jan 2015 03:39:37 -0800 (PST)