Snake-OS on TP-Link TL-PS110U and TL-WPS510U

Дмитрий Бурилкин

Dec 25, 2013, 11:47:03 AM12/25/13
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I have TP-Link TL-PS110U and TL-WPS510U(print servers). It has hardware like NS-K330 and I think that SnakeOS can work on it.
But Im afraid the firmware_from_original can brake the devices. How can I install Snake-OS on TL-PS110U or TL-WPS510U if it is possible?
TL-PS110U.jpg
TL-WPS510U.jpg

Stefan Scheffler

Dec 29, 2013, 9:03:10 AM12/29/13
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, in theory snake os could work on them, but getting it installed
is tricky unless the firmware updater is really dumb.

Some of those print servers also come with less ram/flash than
ns-k330 & friends. On the PS110U the flash chip is the one with the
blue paint drop. Can you make out the type?

On the WPS510U the wlan module won't work with the stock snake kernel.
It might be supported by openwrt though. Looks like it's a ralink card
attached via usb (http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Proware_PW-MN427).
On the upside, that row of holes looks like a jtag connector, which
would allow testing custom firmware without risking to brick the device.