Problems connecting my SnakeOS Nas to Ubuntu 14.04

Paul

May 13, 2014, 1:47:26 AM5/13/14
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have upgraded from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04 and now can no longer access the shares on my SnakeOS NAS.
I can see the NAS when I open the network folder of Ubuntu, together with the other servers on my network, and although I can open all the other servers and look at the shares and mount these, I cannot open the SnakeOS NAS to browse the shares.
I have tried setting up a FTP folder on the NAS and set up FTP; that works fine and can be seen and copied from by the Ubuntu machine, but access to the other shares of the NAS remains illusive.
Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem, and even better, know a work-around?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Paul.

Stefan Scheffler

May 21, 2014, 7:34:21 PM5/21/14
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the late reply.

Just did a quick test with 14.04 under Virtualbox. Using the builtin
samba with default settings I can access shares via smbclient
and the connect to server function in the file manager.

It's just not showing up in the network brower. That's probably due
to the way networking is done in the VM.

I don't think it should matter but are you using the builtin
samba or the samba3 package?

Am Mon, 12 May 2014 22:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

Paul

Jun 2, 2014, 9:14:15 PM6/2/14
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry stscheff, I have not checked this post for a while.
The problem persists, although I can access the NAS through FTP (read only, no matter what I try) and with cifs from the command line, again read-only.
I am running the Samba that came as part of the Ubuntu 14.04 install.
Will check back a bit more frequently.
Paul.