Fwd: Rock Supremo, special shows

giselle montero

Sep 17, 2013, 1:08:20 AM9/17/13
to deaf-partners-and-advocates abridged email subscribers, CSBDea...@googlegroups.com

To celebrate Andres Bonifacio's 150th birth anniversary, Ballet Philippines and the participating bands will hold  8 "ROCK SUPREMO" shows at the CCP Little Theater, 4 shows at the GSIS Theater. Regular price of tickets is at P1,000. However , shows at the  GSIS theater on  Sept  24,  25 1pm and  5pm and  Little Theater Sept  27 10am,  3pm  is priced at P100 only.  A good price for a great show.

“Rock Supremo” in collaboration with Rock Ed, National Historic Commission of the Philippines and National Center for Culture and the Arts is an original rock ballet concert with music composed and performed by rock musicians and bands such as Gloc 9, Rico Blanco, Ebe Dancel, Kai Honasan, Tarsius, Peryodiko, Peso Movement and Pedicab. The dance and music collaboration is a study of Andres Bonifacio's romantic life essaying his experiences of love as a young man that shaped his dreams of justice and democracy in a time of political repression.

Integrated with a multimedia landscape, this contemporary glimpse into Bonifacio’s life seeks to inspire with insight and perspective into the heart of a loving man. Bonifacio’s story as a young man who choses the nom de guerre “May Pag-asa” is retold in dance that continues to breath the hope of a country on its way to political maturity.

 The proceeds of this event will go to our dance scholarship fund to support our 200 talented dancers.  Your support will enable us to inspire the youth, remind us of our heritage, and do our part in nation-building.

Reserve early, contact Ballet Philippines at / (632) 551 7919 / (632) 551 0221; Fax: (632) 551 0144. Look for Jenny or charms. For the specially priced shows, please mention my name- Giselle. First come, first served.

--
Ma. Giselle M. Montero
Director

--
Ma. Giselle M. Montero
Director
Center for Partnership and Development
De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde
School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies

rock supremo.jpg