A mi Patria and Dinig Sana Kita

giselle montero

Jan 20, 2013, 9:27:47 PM1/20/13
to deaf-partners-and-advocates abridged email subscribers
 Dear friends and partners,

SDEAS brings you two movies for February: Ami Patria and Dinig Sana Kita.

    Ami Patria ------------- Feb 2, 2013 3:00 pm-------------- UP Film Center

AMI PATRIA (To my Motherland), a collection of five poems of Dr. Jose Rizal in four languages: Filipino Sign Language [FSL], English, Spanish and Filipino. This is the first ever interpretation of Rizal’s poetry in Filipino Sign Language. Originally entitled “Mga Natatanging Tula ni Rizal sa Wikang Senyas,”

Mr Jose Rizal Lopez, granson of Paciano Rizal will be the guest speaker.

A mi Patria was produced by Miryad Visyon in collaboration with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, University of the Philippines-Kolehiyo ng Arte at Kultura and the DLS-CSB School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies. Direction and editing by Miranamedina.

Tickets are at P150 for General Public and P100 for students and PWDs.

Dinig Sana Kita ------- Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm -------- SDA Theater, 5/f DLS-CSB SDA Campus

A story of a Deaf Dancer (Romalito Mallari) and a Rock Musician (Zoe Sandejas) who cross paths at a Youth Camp that mixes Deaf and Hearing kids. Their encounter with each other gets off to a rocky start but soon these polar opposites find that they have more in common than the others including a love for music. As the story progresses, we leave the camp behind to focus on their individual lives and how their friendship helps them to cope.

     Primarily a film about communication in relationships, IF I KNEW WHAT YOU SAID shows how the Filipino Deaf Culture exists in the world of the hearing. It is the first Filipino feature length film with a Deaf actor (Romalito Mallari) cast in a leading male role. Several Deaf actors and dancers where cast alongside him.
Tickets are at P125 for General Public and P100 for students and PWDs.

We hope you and your students can watch both films. We also ask for your support by way of helping us sell tickets to friends, family and partners. Tickets are available at the SDEAS-CPD office, 1/f Duerr Bldg, DLS-CSB Taft Campus, Taft Ave Manila. You can also text 0917-8698231 or call: 526-7441 local 239 for other ticket outlets.

Proceeds of the ticket sales will go to the Deaf scholarship fund and several Deaf organizations.

Many thanks.

Giselle

--
Ma. Giselle M. Montero