After meeting with BlackRock's CEO, is Zelensky selling Ukraine to the highest bidder?

D. Schlenk

Dec 7, 2022, 4:00:24 AM12/7/22
https://www.sott.net/article/474895-After-meeting-with-BlackRocks-CEO-is-Zelensky-selling-Ukraine-to-the-highest-bidder

After meeting with BlackRock's CEO, is Zelensky selling
Ukraine to the highest bidder?

Olivia Murray, American Thinker

Thu, 01 Dec 2022

In early September, I came across a New York Times article
detailing a meeting between Ukraine's Zelensky and
BlackRock's Laurence Fink, which caught my attention in the
worst of ways. Brief refresher: Fink's investment firm is
"among several high-powered firms pushing working families
out of the [U.S.] housing market and into rentals," and
according to BlackRock's own website:

Most recently, we began investing in new construction,
purpose-built for-rent housing developments... Our focus is
on building single-family rental housing...furthermore,
BlackRock invests in multifamily properties, apartment
complexes, and other residential real estate. As of March
31, 2022, BlackRock has invested $120 billion into the U.S.
residential real estate rental market.

The Times article touted the meeting as a discussion on "how
to attract investment in the country's war-ravaged economy."
According to a statement released by Zelensky's office, Fink
provided "pro bono advice" on "setting up a reconstruction
fund in support of the recovery of the Ukrainian economy"
and this "fund" would accept money from both "public and
private investors".

Well isn't Mr. Fink just a humanitarian! (How much of this
money will actually go to the people, rather than the
elites? I'd be willing to wager — zilch.)

But now, all the pieces are coming together....

Yesterday morning, the Russian news agency reported that
Zelensky was planning to launch a "patronage program"
offered to foreign entities, both public and private. From
Zelensky's own words just this past Tuesday:

"Even now, we create a special patronage system. The
system will enable leading countries and companies to take
patronage over the reconstruction of Ukrainian regions,
cities, industries, and enterprises."

The president alleged that a host of countries was
interested in the program, including the United States, and
additionally touted the move towards globalism and "green
energy":

"We are already integrating Ukraine into the European
Union. We have already become a part of the EU Single
Market. We will become a part of the EU institutions. We
have already joined the EU Single Energy System. We will
become those whose potential in 'green' energy will replace
dirty Russian fossil fuel for Europe."

So let me get this straight: Zelensky, under apparent "pro
bono" advice from Fink, created a "patronage" scheme, which
would auction off Ukrainian jurisdictions to the highest
foreign bidder? And then this money would go into a
"reconstruction" pot, before it likely disappears? (If we
know anything about the notoriously corrupt country, we
remain acutely aware of Ukraine's penchant for money
laundering, and its utter lack of transparency regarding the
gravy train at the expense of America's working class
citizens.)

The term "patronage" bears with it an idea that the patron
has the "power to control appointments to office or the
right to privileges" — in 2015, The Guardian said the
country was "marred by corruption so endemic that even the
hospitals appear to be infected" — so I wouldn't be at all
surprised if Zelensky's program fulfills the full meaning of
the word.

Jumping into bed with Wall Street billionaires and corrupt
global leaders to sell out your country? Sounds like Joe and
Hunter Biden, or Obama, or Dick Cheney, or Chinless Mitch —
it appears as though Zelensky is cut from the same cloth as
some of the worst traitors in American history.