Julian Assange : Hillary Clinton 'Tried to Destroy Us' and Failed

D. Schlenk

Dec 29, 2016, 1:43:54 PM12/29/16
http://www.mediaite.com/online/julian-assange-hillary-clinton-tried-to-destroy-us-and-failed/

Julian Assange: Hillary Clinton 'Tried to Destroy Us' and
Failed

by Josh Feldman

December 24th, 2016

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Assange-e1470850394778-300x198.jpg

AssangeJulian Assange is speaking out in a new interview
reflecting on Wikileaks' role in the U.S. election.

Assange spoke with La Repubblica and immediately dismissed
the idea that he was in the business of helping Donald
Trump.

And he has this assessment of how Trump's team is
beginning to form:

"Donald Trump is not a DC insider, he is part of the
wealthy ruling elite of the United States, and he is
gathering around him a spectrum of other rich people and
several idiosyncratic personalities. They do not by
themselves form an existing structure, so it is a weak
structure which is displacing and destabilising the pre-
existing central power network within DC. It is a new
patronage structure which will evolve rapidly, but at the
moment its looseness means there are opportunities for
change in the United States: change for the worse and
change for the better."

As for Hillary Clinton, Assange is far more critical. He
claims, "It is clear that she pursued this war [in Libya]
as a staging effort for her Presidential bid."

He reiterated his position that Wikileaks simply got
information about her because they previously released
information on Clinton while she was at State and "it is
natural for sources who have information on Hillary
Clinton to come to us."

In recent weeks there have been reports about an intel
consensus on Russian interference in the election,
potentially to help Trump. Assange has denied that the
Russian government was his source.

He thinks that Clinton's election "would have been a
consolidation of power in the existing ruling class of the
United States," and had this to say about the end result
of Clinton going after Wikileaks:

"Power is mostly the illusion of power. The Pentagon
demanded we destroy our publications. We kept publishing.
Clinton denounced us and said we were an attack on the
entire "international community". We kept publishing. I
was put in prison and under house arrest. We kept
publishing. We went head to head with the NSA getting
Edward Snowden out of Hong Kong, we won and got him
asylum. Clinton tried to destroy us and was herself
destroyed. Elephants, it seems, can be brought down with
string. Perhaps there are no elephants."