Urgent! - United Nations in the 21st century - new challengess, new tasks - Call for papers

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Res publica

未讀,
2001年1月29日 下午5:58:542001/1/29
收件者:
Not only because of the end of the second millennium, but mainly because of
the present state of the world and its causes, gave reason that at the
Millennium Summit of the United Nations in New York at the beginning of
September 2000 were presented many suggestions concerning functioning of the
United Nations as well as well as concerning institutional changes with the
aim that United Nations better fulfils its task to the benefit of mankind.

Presented ideas concerning the United Nations system as well as solution of
concrete situations no doubt deserve to be paid attention to. We heard
basically futurological approach to United Nations profound changes from
Vaclav Havel, the president of the Czech Republic. Leaders of USA and of
some European states presented profound changes to the position and powers
of the Security Council concerning veto and increase of number of permanent
members of the Security Council. We witnessed different considerations and
suggestions presented by representatives of African and Asian countries
expressing their fear from the endeavour to create a monopolar world and
from the endeavour of the mighty states to enforce acceptance of standards
by economically weak countries to their disadvantage which on the contrary
are to the benefit of already economically strong once.

Because of ideas, suggestions, considerations, opinions and thoughts
expressed at the Millennium Summit of United Nations we think, that it would
be useful to continue in exchange of minds by those interested in the role
of United Nations at the beginning of the third millennium.

We invite you and are looking forward to receive your opinion concerning the
aims, principles, and forms and functioning of United Nations, including
suggestions for reforms. We intend to inform about received opinion Czech
Republic on internet and by using other suitable means. In case of
sufficient interest we are ready to organize on this subject an
international conference in the year 2001.

We hope that our intention attracts your interest and that you will join in
the discussion about the role of United Nations in the XXI century to the
benefit of all. We would be also obliged to you, if you inform about this
discussion your friends and colleagues by means of your information
channels.

Res publica, association for information
Stanislav Kliment, Chairman
PhDr. Jiri Horak, Vice-chairman
www.publica.cz
pub...@publica.cz, fo...@publica.cz
Prague, Czech Republic

Appendix 1

1. Contributions ought to have the following structure:
. Title of the contribution
. Annotation - 90 - 180 signs
. Text altogether from 9000 - 18000 signs
. Name of the author and shortly who is who of the author
2. Points of views on contributions are not at all limited. The only
criteria are expertness and decency.
3. Participants attend as individuals in their private capacity and
represent only themselves.

Appendix 2

We are interested also in contributions /not only/ on the following
subjects:
· European Union - superstate or organization of national state
· OSCE in the architecture of European co-operation
· Globalisation and the part of national states in the processes of its
assertion
· Role of international organizations in prevention and peaceful solving of
conflicts
· Bombardement of Yugoslavia 1999 and its international and political
consequences
· NATO and its role based on a new doctrine of the Washington summit
· Role of international organizations in prevention and peaceful solving of
conflicts

0 則新訊息