Neujahrsrätsel: Wer erkennt die Pioniere der dunklen Zahlen?

WM

Jan 8, 2023, 3:27:16 AM1/8/23
Wie wohl inzwischen hinlänglich bekannt ist, vertrete ich die Auffassung, dass dunkle Zahlen eine notwendige Folge der Mengenlehre sind. Bevor ich aber selbst daran zu denken wagte, haben schon weise Mathematiker die Straße zu den dunklen Zahlen gepflastert. Hier sind ihre Ausführungen. Sie kreisen um das Thema Binärer Baum mit Lametta, eines der schwierigsten im dunklen Kapitel der Mathematik. Wer erkennt die Pioniere? Die Originalsprache Englisch wurde beibehalten, um den Stil nicht durch Übersetzungen zu verfälschen.

"It never happens that the (always finite number of) pathbunches split into 2^ℵo pathbunches. However, if we posit a time after an infinite number of steps, we can say that the split happened. This 'it never happens but it happened' is unique to processes with no last step. For a process with no last step, you cannot conclude something cannot have happened, because there is no step where it happens."

"You are apparently trying to appeal to a theorem that says that if a_n < A for all n then lim an =< A. This statement is false in the context;"

"At every level we have more lamettas than nodes in the binary tree. But through each of these nodes pass infinitely many paths. Maybe you can not distinguish them just by looking at the nodes but they do exist."

"Unfortunately you have not provided a way of moving this from 'true for all finite' to 'true for infinite n', and induction won't take you from 'all finite n' to 'infinite n'."

"If all nodes of a path have been deleted, that does not mean you ever deleted the path!!! You could delete all and only the finite paths from the tree, and that would delete all the nodes, yet you would never have deleted any infinite path, and they would all still exist in any case, regardless of what had been deleted!"

Gruß, WM

JVR

Jan 8, 2023, 6:53:27 AM1/8/23
Question: Who discovered the dark numbers?
ChatGPT: It's not clear who first coined the term "dark numbers" in the context of bridge. The concept of holding a hidden or concealed card that is not visible to the opponents has likely been around as long as the game itself. In bridge, players use various techniques to keep their cards "dark" and to communicate with their partner without revealing the contents of their hand to the opponents. These techniques include signaling, bidding, and other methods of conveying information about the cards held. The use of these techniques is an important aspect of bridge strategy, and it is likely that the concept of "dark numbers" has evolved over time as players have developed new ways to communicate and conceal their cards.
NB: My previous question concerned Bridge.

JVR

Jan 8, 2023, 6:54:59 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 9:27:16 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
Question: What is a dark number in mathematics?
ChatGPT: I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with the term "dark number" being used in mathematics. In mathematics, a "number" is a mathematical object used to represent a quantity in a mathematical system. Numbers can be represented in various ways, including as digits (e.g. 1, 2, 3), as symbols (e.g. √2, π), or as words (e.g. three, eleven). I'm not aware of any special meaning of the term "dark number" in the context of mathematics. If you could provide more context or give an example of how the term "dark number" is being used in mathematics, I may be able to provide more information.

JVR

Jan 8, 2023, 6:56:47 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 9:27:16 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
Question: Dark numbers were recently discovered by Mücke Mückenheim, how are they defined?
ChatGPT: I'm sorry, but I am not aware of any "dark numbers" discovered by Mücke Mückenheim, nor do I have any information on how such numbers might be defined. As I mentioned earlier, I am not familiar with the term "dark number" being used in mathematics. If you could provide more information about these "dark numbers," I may be able to give a more accurate response.

JVR

Jan 8, 2023, 7:06:14 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 9:27:16 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
Question: The O and X refer to a proof technique discovered recently in order to demonstrate that the rational numbers are not countable. Mücke Mückenheim made this discovery. Can his proof be valid?

ChatGPT: It is not possible for me to accurately evaluate the validity of a proof or argument that I am not familiar with. The proof technique you describe, which involves the use of "O" and "X" to demonstrate that the rational numbers are not countable, is not a well-known proof in mathematics, and I am not aware of any widely accepted proof that makes use of this technique. Without knowing the details of the proof and the reasoning behind it, it is not possible for me to say whether it is valid or not. It is possible that the proof you are describing is a valid and sound argument, but it is also possible that it contains errors or flawed assumptions. Without more information, it is impossible to say for certain.

JVR

Jan 8, 2023, 7:18:06 AM1/8/23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 9:27:16 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
Question: It was shown by means of Cantor's mapping between natural numbers and positive fractions that his approach to actual infinity implies the existence of numbers which cannot be applied as defined individuals. We will call them dark numbers. Please tell me more.

ChatGPT: I'm sorry, but I do not understand the concept of "dark numbers" as you have described it. It is true that Cantor's mapping between the natural numbers and the positive fractions demonstrates that the set of positive fractions is not countably infinite. However, Cantor's proof does not imply the existence of any numbers that cannot be "applied as defined individuals." It is not clear to me what you mean by "dark numbers" in this context, or how such numbers might be defined.

Cantor's proof that the set of positive fractions is not countably infinite is based on the fact that there are an infinite number of positive fractions and that these fractions can be arranged in an infinite number of ways. Cantor's proof involves constructing a mapping between the natural numbers and the positive fractions, and showing that this mapping is one-to-one, but not onto. This means that there is no way to assign a unique natural number to each positive fraction, so the set of positive fractions is not countably infinite. However, this proof does not imply the existence of any special type of numbers that cannot be "applied as defined individuals," and I am not aware of any such numbers in mathematics.

NB The ChatBot is better than Mücke, but still can't tell left from right and up from down.

WM

Jan 9, 2023, 3:18:40 AM1/9/23
[...]

Carlo XYZ

Jan 9, 2023, 4:15:14 AM1/9/23
WM wrote on 09.01.23 09:18:

> Lametta

Schreibt sich Lemmata.

... und bevor du dich an mehrere wagst,
solltest mit einem einzelnen beginnen.

Fritz Feldhase

Jan 9, 2023, 5:06:18 AM1/9/23
On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:18:40 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:

> Wie wohl inzwischen hinlänglich bekannt ist, vertrete ich die Auffassung, dass dunkle Zahlen eine notwendige Folge der Mengenlehre sind.

Ich glaube nicht, dass "vertrete die Auffassung" den Sachverhalt richtig trifft. Eher dürfte es sich dabei um eine Fixe Idee handeln.

Siehe dazu: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixe_Idee

JVR

Jan 9, 2023, 5:12:45 AM1/9/23
"Idefix und die Unbeugsamen" läuft seit November als Animation auf Super RTL und Toggo plus. Und ab heute kann man die Abenteuer auch in gedruckter Form nachlesen. Im Verlag Egmont Ehapa erscheint als erster Titel des neuen Labels Egmont BÄNG! das 68-seitige Büchlein "Idefix und die Unbeugsamen - Römer müssen draußen bleiben" (10 Euro).

JVR

Jan 9, 2023, 5:21:51 AM1/9/23
On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:18:40 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
> Wie wohl inzwischen hinlänglich bekannt ist, vertrete ich die Auffassung, dass dunkle Zahlen eine notwendige Folge der Mengenlehre sind. Bevor ich aber selbst daran zu denken wagte, haben schon weise Mathematiker die Straße zu den dunklen Zahlen gepflastert. Hier sind ihre Ausführungen. Sie kreisen um das Thema Binärer Baum mit Lametta, eines der schwierigsten im dunklen Kapitel der Mathematik. Wer erkennt die Pioniere? Die Originalsprache Englisch wurde beibehalten, um den Stil nicht durch Übersetzungen zu verfälschen.
>
> "It never happens that the (always finite number of) pathbunches split into 2^ℵo pathbunches. However, if we posit a time after an infinite number of steps, we can say that the split happened. This 'it never happens but it happened' is unique to processes with no last step. For a process with no last step, you cannot conclude something cannot have happened, because there is no step where it happens."
> "You are apparently trying to appeal to a theorem that says that if a_n < A for all n then lim a_n =< A. This statement is false in the context;"

Ja, Herr Professor Idéfix, ich erkenne das und erinnere mich, dass ich versuchte Ihnen
klar zu machen, dass der topologische Begriff 'Grenzwert' völlig unabhängig von
jeglichen Ordnungen ist. Dieser Versuch ist misslungen, wie auch jeder andere Versuch,
Ihnen etwas beizubringen. Deshalb versuche ich es auch nicht mehr.

WM

Jan 9, 2023, 6:08:48 AM1/9/23
JVR schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2023 um 11:21:51 UTC+1:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:18:40 AM UTC+1, WM wrote:
> >
> > "You are apparently trying to appeal to a theorem that says that if a_n < A for all n then lim a_n =< A. This statement is false in the context;"
> Ja, Herr Professor, ich erkenne das und erinnere mich, dass ich versuchte Ihnen
> klar zu machen, dass der topologische Begriff 'Grenzwert' völlig unabhängig von
> jeglichen Ordnungen ist.

Der Binäre Baum jedenfalls besteht aus stetigen Pfaden. Da ist es ganz Wurscht, was der topologische Begriff sagt. Da alle Pfade sich stetig aus der Wurzel entwickeln, sollten auch die Verbindungen zur Wurzel für jeden einzelnen existieren. Das ist hier aber nicht der Fall, jedenfalls nicht für definierbare Niveaus und überabzählbar viele Pfade. Da ist es eines denkenden Wesens unwürdig, sich auf überholte Weisheiten zu stützen. Die Lücke ist zu erklären. Ich kann es. Es sind sogar zwei.

Gruß, WM

JVR

Jan 9, 2023, 7:37:27 AM1/9/23
Offensichtlich verwechseln Sie "stetig" und "zusammenhängend", d.h. "continuous" und "connected".
Macht aber nichts, Mücke. Ihr Ruf als der größte Mathematiker des Jahrhunderts wird sich dadurch nicht
ändern.

Fritz Feldhase

Jan 9, 2023, 8:30:37 AM1/9/23
On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 1:37:27 PM UTC+1, JVR wrote:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:08:48 PM UTC+1, WM wrote:
> > JVR schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2023 um 11:21:51 UTC+1:

> > > Ja, Herr Professor, ich erkenne das und erinnere mich, dass ich versuchte Ihnen
> > > klar zu machen, dass der topologische Begriff 'Grenzwert' völlig unabhängig von
> > > jeglichen Ordnungen ist.
> > >
> > Der Binäre Baum jedenfalls besteht aus stetigen Pfaden. Da ist es ganz Wurscht, was der topologische Begriff sagt. Da alle Pfade sich stetig aus der Wurzel entwickeln, sollten auch die Verbindungen zur Wurzel für jeden einzelnen existieren. Das ist hier aber nicht der Fall, jedenfalls nicht für definierbare Niveaus und überabzählbar viele Pfade. Da ist es eines denkenden Wesens unwürdig, sich auf überholte Weisheiten zu stützen. Die Lücke ist zu erklären. Ich kann es. Es sind sogar zwei.
> >
> Offensichtlich verwechseln Sie "stetig" und "zusammenhängend", d.h. "continuous" und "connected".

Ja, dieser Gedanken kam mir auch initial.

Aber jetzt... habe ich einen anderen schrecklichen Verdacht... Es ging ja irgendwie um "lim" etc. Vielleicht hat er da an lim(x -> x_0) f(x) = f(x_0) für _stetige_ (!) Funktionen f gedacht. Bei Mückenheim ist alles möglich.

Ganzhinterseher

Jan 9, 2023, 9:37:28 AM1/9/23
JVR schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2023 um 13:37:27 UTC+1:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:08:48 PM UTC+1, WM wrote:
> > JVR schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2023 um 11:21:51 UTC+1:

> > > Ja, Herr Professor, ich erkenne das und erinnere mich, dass ich versuchte Ihnen
> > > klar zu machen, dass der topologische Begriff 'Grenzwert' völlig unabhängig von
> > > jeglichen Ordnungen ist.
> > Der Binäre Baum jedenfalls besteht aus stetigen Pfaden. Da ist es ganz Wurscht, was der topologische Begriff sagt. Da alle Pfade sich stetig aus der Wurzel entwickeln, sollten auch die Verbindungen zur Wurzel für jeden einzelnen existieren. Das ist hier aber nicht der Fall, jedenfalls nicht für definierbare Niveaus und überabzählbar viele Pfade. Da ist es eines denkenden Wesens unwürdig, sich auf überholte Weisheiten zu stützen. Die Lücke ist zu erklären. Ich kann es. Es sind sogar zwei.
> >
> Offensichtlich verwechseln Sie "stetig" und "zusammenhängend", d.h. "continuous" und "connected".

Stetigkeit bezeichnet und beinhaltet Kontinuität. Da die Pfade aber gleichzeitig als Funktionen dienen, bevorzuge ich hier das Wort "stetig". Unabhängig von der Wortwahl besteht jedenfalls die Tatsache, dass die Anzahl der unterscheidbaren Pfade sich mit jedem Niveau verdoppelt, also vor dem Limes die halbe Anzahl aufweisen müssten, wenn keine dunklen Abschnitte vorlägen.

Gruß, WM

Ganzhinterseher

Jan 9, 2023, 9:46:46 AM1/9/23
Fritz Feldhase schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2023 um 14:30:37 UTC+1:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 1:37:27 PM UTC+1, JVR wrote:

> > > Der Binäre Baum jedenfalls besteht aus stetigen Pfaden. Da ist es ganz Wurscht, was der topologische Begriff sagt. Da alle Pfade sich stetig aus der Wurzel entwickeln, sollten auch die Verbindungen zur Wurzel für jeden einzelnen existieren. Das ist hier aber nicht der Fall, jedenfalls nicht für definierbare Niveaus und überabzählbar viele Pfade. Da ist es eines denkenden Wesens unwürdig, sich auf überholte Weisheiten zu stützen. Die Lücke ist zu erklären. Ich kann es. Es sind sogar zwei.
> > >
> > Offensichtlich verwechseln Sie "stetig" und "zusammenhängend", d.h. "continuous" und "connected".
> Ja, dieser Gedanken kam mir auch initial.

Es sollte Dir der Gedanke kommen, dass unabhängig von der Wortwahl die Anzahl der unterscheidbaren Pfade mit jedem Niveau sich verdoppelt. Wenn überabzählbar viele tatsächlich vorhanden und alle Niveaus sichtbar sind, so müsste auch ein Niveau mit der Hälfte vorhanden sein. Das ist ausgeschlossen. Was sollte das auch für eine Zahl sein? Sicher nicht kleiner als ℵo. Damit ist bei aktualer Unendlichkeit die Stetigkeit des Binären Baums ausgeschlossen.

Alle fünf Aussagen im OP beweisen die Existenz dunkler Zahlen ebenso wie die erst "im Grenzfalle" verschwindenden O's.

Gruß, WM

JVR

Jan 9, 2023, 10:27:05 AM1/9/23
Jetzt ist unser Professor Idéfix völlig verwirrt. Ob der noch alleine nach Hause findet?

“It was 30 or 35 questions. The first questions are very easy. The last questions are much more difficult. Like a memory question,” Mücke continued. “It’s like, you’ll go, ‘Person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ So they say, ‘Could you repeat that?’ So I said, ‘Yeah.’ So it’s, ‘Person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ OK, that’s very good. If you get it in order, you get extra points.”