Bart & Milhouse for sale

Mike Grantz

Nov 19, 2014, 8:52:54 AM11/19/14
http://www.galerief.com/portfolio-type/artist/brian-ewing/

Brian Ewing

Informed by everything from art nouveau to ukiyo-e woodblock printing,
from the full-throttle art of SoCal’s “kustom” car culture to the
dynamism and self-assured lines of comics, Ewing’s work fuses his own
creative explorations of perspective, color and space with classic,
beloved imagery from rebellious American youth culture: hot punk girls,
totally rad skulls, and fields of color aflame. In this way, his work
embraces a particular playful naïveté, which he then continues to
champion even as his style refines itself and as his technique develops.
Ewing reminds us we never have to give up the imagery that fired our
imaginations as teenagers; his own success is a signifier for how dearly
we hold our own trappings of rebellion, and how they can become a
vehicle through which one can mature. With a roster of clients ranging
from Metallica and the Warped Tour, to The Strokes and Death Cab For
Cutie, and even The New Yorker and a number of advertising agencies,
Ewing’s resume is a testament to what we love most about music, art, the
allure of drama, lust, danger and darkness.