Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Paul

ungelesen,
01.04.2005, 16:30:4301.04.05
an
Hi everybody,

By now you know that the BPA have not accepted the DFV insurance raise for
German skydivers at Bad Lippspringe. This is the worst possible news for us
but we will not give in without a fight. It is the equivelant of cutting
off a majority of any BPA dropzones customer base and there would be an
outcry of objection if this were to happen in the mainland UK.
It is clear from the stance of the BPA that they clearly do not understand
european skydiving or european
attitudes to risk management and insurance. I further suspect that that the
BPA may also be in breach of certain european statutes and we will continue
to investigate this further.

Our position at Bad Lippspringe is that:

" All skydivers who are members of a European Member state, should be able
to skydive without any form of discrimination anywhere within the EU on
their own national membership and insurance."

An excellent example of this pan european co-operation took place this
winter in Portugal when a German DZ operator (Norbert Mieir) and a UK DZ
operator (Steve Swallow) both took their Dorniers to a DZ in Portugal and
operated together. The DZ was run under the German Ops manual regulations
and no skydiver of any nationality was discriminated against in any way, nor
were BPA members made to join the DFV or any other organisation. An
estimated 14 different nationalities jumped there together over the winter,
without any problem whatsoever. Surely this is a fine example of what
european community and skydiving is all about??

I hope you all realise that we at Bad Lippspringe welcome our German friends
and
colleagues and we will do everything we can to reverse this stupid and ill
thought out decision by the BPA. Until then, be aware that the BPA require
us to ensure that everyone jumping at Bad Lippspringe is a BPA member. This
is not our decision but a requirement of the BPA council. If you object to
this I would be grateful if you could write to the BPA and copy your letter
or e-mail to me and to the FAI and the British Royal Aero Club.

Many thanks,

Paul Moore
Commandant RAPA

Copy letters to BPA to:

British Parachute Association, 5 Wharf Way, Glen Parva, Leicester LE2 9TF
Tel 0116 278 5271 Fax 0116 247 7662 e-mail sky...@bpa.org.uk

Max Bishop
Secretary General
Fédération Aéronautique Internationale