Deanna Troi Star Trek Questionnaire - Please read!

1 view

Rob Taylor

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Hi Everyone.

My friends and I in the UK are formulating a University Research Proposal
dealing with the role of Councillor Deanna Troi in ST: TNG as part of our
module on TV Culture and Society. This short(ish) questionnaire has been
posted to the all related Star Trek newsgroups, but sincere apologies if
this is in any way off topic. Anyway, we would really appreciate it if you
kind ladies and gentlemen would take a few minutes to help some fellow
Trekkers spread the word about this marvellous show. Please feel free to
write as much or as little as you want. Cheers ;-)

Research topic question: The dichotomy of Counsellor Deanna Troi: valued
crew member or token sex object?

General:

Name (You may use an alias if you wish):
Sex (No funnies!):
Age:
Which country do you reside in?
How long have you been a fan of Star Trek?

Councillor Deanna Troi:

1. Despite Star Trek's reputation as a progressive television programme, do
you feel that Deanna Troi's initial role, as envisaged by the ST producers,
was that of a token sex object?

2. Why do you think that Deanna became such a popular member of the Star
Trek crew? Is it because of the way that she looks, the role she performs or
a mixture of both?

3. Do you think audiences would have developed the same affection for Deanna
if she was not played by such an attractive female?

4. What qualities do you believe Deanna Troi brings to the Enterprise?

5. Troi is especially notable because of the way her character's physical
(i.e costume) appearance and role in the series developed significantly over
time. Bearing this is mind, did you prefer the old or the new Deanna. Why?

Thanks very much for your time and input - it's much appreciated.

--

For all of your Videogaming memories...
www.myfavouritevideogame.co.uk