Masquerade duo (Guardian Angel)

470 views
Skip to first unread message

Stefan

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 9:25:43 AM8/16/04
to
Hi from Italy!
I'm searchin for the real names of the components of duo "Masquerade",
the ones who sung the hit of 1984 "Guardian Angel" (the english version!).

May anyone help me, please? :-)

Thanks in advance!

Stefan.

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english... :-/

Stefan Jaskulla

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 10:15:51 AM8/16/04
to
Stefan schrieb

> I'm searchin for the real names of the components of duo "Masquerade",
> the ones who sung the hit of 1984 "Guardian Angel" (the english version!).

"Masquerade" was one of many names of the German singer/songwriter
Drafi Deutscher. I didn't find an official homepage but several fan-pages
like this one: <www.drafi-musik.de> (unfortunately in German).

This site says Drafi Deutscher sang all voices and wrote the song under
the name of "Kurt Gebegern". Co-writer was Chris Evans.

HTH,
another Stefan ;-)

--
www.ninive-chor.de

Andreas Eibach

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 10:28:04 AM8/16/04
to

"Stefan Jaskulla" <stefan....@gmx.de> wrote:
> Stefan schrieb
>
> > I'm searchin for the real names of the components of duo "Masquerade",
> > the ones who sung the hit of 1984 "Guardian Angel" (the english
version!).
>
> "Masquerade" was one of many names of the German singer/songwriter
> Drafi Deutscher. I didn't find an official homepage but several fan-pages
> like this one: <www.drafi-musik.de> (unfortunately in German).
>
> This site says Drafi Deutscher sang all voices and wrote the song under
> the name of "Kurt Gebegern".
Maybe his real name. "Drafi Deutscher" is a pseudonym ...

>Co-writer was Chris Evans.
OK, but I'm almost sure he had a female partner for his project 'Masquerade'
anyway.

Andreas

Jens Kaufmann

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 10:28:08 AM8/16/04
to
Stefan Jaskulla wrote:

> This site says Drafi Deutscher sang all voices and wrote the song
> under the name of "Kurt Gebegern". Co-writer was Chris Evans.

And to understand the "fun" behind the name "Kurt Gebegern" you
must know, Drafi Deutscher had over his career massiv problems
with money, especially with the german tax office. So "Kurt
Gebegern" means "Kurt GladlyGiving".


> HTH,
> another Stefan ;-)

Gruß
Jens

--
"Elvis has left the building..."

Stefan

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 4:53:38 PM8/16/04
to

Stefan Jaskulla <stefan....@gmx.de> wrote in message
2obu0oF...@uni-berlin.de...

> Stefan schrieb
>
> > I'm searchin for the real names of the components of duo "Masquerade",
> > the ones who sung the hit of 1984 "Guardian Angel" (the english
version!).
>
> "Masquerade" was one of many names of the German singer/songwriter
> Drafi Deutscher. I didn't find an official homepage but several fan-pages
> like this one: <www.drafi-musik.de> (unfortunately in German).

The strange fact is that the 2 voices are very different to each other...
and, above all, I perfectly remember two guys with their own faces painted
white singing that song on Italian tv in summer 1984.
Who were those guys? Two fake singers? :-)
This is a real mistery to me...

However, thank a lot for your help!

--
Stefan


Dirk Jung

unread,
Aug 16, 2004, 5:38:27 PM8/16/04
to
Stefan wrote:

> The strange fact is that the 2 voices are very different to each other...

Well, the higher voice is sung falsetto, so it may sound different to
the normal voice. And as far as I remember, I think it could be the same
singer.

> and, above all, I perfectly remember two guys with their own faces painted
> white singing that song on Italian tv in summer 1984.

Yes, in German TV were there also two singers with masked faces (like
"Phantom of the opera").

> Who were those guys? Two fake singers? :-)

I think so. Even in the good old 80s the performers were sometimes
different to the real musicians :-)

Tschüss, Dirk

np: Nena - 99 Lufballons
--
aber ich hab zu ihm gesagt es genügt wenn man lesen kann dann lernt man
was man noch nit gewuszt hat indes wenn man schreibet dann schreibt man
immer nur was man schon weisz - Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Stefan Jaskulla

unread,
Aug 17, 2004, 3:46:01 AM8/17/04
to
Dirk Jung schrieb

> Stefan wrote:
> > Who were those guys? Two fake singers? :-)
>
> I think so. Even in the good old 80s the performers were sometimes
> different to the real musicians :-)

_Sogar_? Ich würde sagen, _gerade_ in den 80ern!

man Milli Vanilli

Gruß
Stefan


--
www.ninive-chor.de

pamela....@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 15, 2016, 5:28:33 AM10/15/16
to
Who are the duo who appear on all of masquerades songs.?
Are they drafti deutscher and chris evans ironside who composed nearly all their songs?
If they are indeed imposters who are they as I like their sound.
Pamela

Andreas Kohlbach

unread,
Oct 15, 2016, 2:09:42 PM10/15/16
to
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angel_(Drafi_Deutscher_song)>
"Masquerade" is a pseudonym.
--
Andreas
You know you are a redneck if
an expired license plate means another decoration for your living room wall.

FIRE AND ICE

unread,
Dec 3, 2021, 8:39:18 PM12/3/21
to
If you want the real Story of Masquerade ask info on facebook under the name MASQUE RADE she know all you need to know the 2 people are actors(NOT SINGERS) the real BOTH voices are my DRAFI..SO YOU KNOW KNOW WHAT HAPPEN...
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages