Play chess online

Jack B

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
Is chess a sport? :)

"Dawgs Virtual Chess" <webm...@alldawg.com> wrote in message
news:qVIF4.8593$TM.4...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Come play chess online.
>
> Dawgs' Virtual Chess is a complete online chess site. It's free and there
is
> no registration required at this time.
> You can create your own custom chess board and play chess live online or
use
> the e-mail notification system built right in. The game does it all for
you.
> All you do is make the moves. It's great fun and real easy to set-up.
> Check it out at:
> http://alldawg.com/chess
>
> There is also a live, "for chess talk only" chat room so you can chat with
> your opponent while playing. It makes playing a lot more interesting.
> You'll find it at:
> http://alldawg.com/chess/chatroom.html
>
> This site has a "free for all" message board so you can post questions or
> comments about the game. It also has a great links directory page complete
> with a "Google" search engine to help you find any other web site you may
be
> looking for.
>
> Come check us out. It's all part of the alldawg.com world.
>
> Questions or comments to webm...@alldawg.com
>
> Dawgs' Adult Comedy
> http://alldawg.com/acp.html
> http://alldawg.com

Alan Bernardo

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
>Is chess a sport? :)

A sport is a game but a game is not a sport. The difference that I make is
that a sport involves some sort of physical contact or physical exertion,
while a game does not require such things to compete.

I go through this every year with my students and we have pretty much
narrowed the dividing characteristics down to these things. But every year
someone comes up with some new and interesting divisions between what is a
sport and what is a game.

Alanb