X11 client under Windoze ?

Guillaume APOSTOLY

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
Hi, I'm looking for an X11 Client that runs under Windows 95/98/2000 and all
this sort of mess, does it exist ? Is their any freeware like that ?
tnx to answer by e-mail too 8°)

Josef Moellers

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98

You probably mean an X11 server.
Client(s) are those programs that do the dirty work. A server is the
thingy that displays the stuff and handles keyboard and mouse.

--
Josef Moellers molle...@sni.de
UNIX - Live free or die!

KIMURA Makoto

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98

molle...@sni.de writes:
>> > Hi, I'm looking for an X11 Client that runs under Windows 95/98/2000
>> > and all this sort of mess, does it exist ?
>> > Is their any freeware like that ?
>> > tnx to answer by e-mail too 8逢

>> You probably mean an X11 server.

I think so, too.
But, if you really mean X11 Client, you should check this URL:

http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/win32/X11R6.3

And you can also check some information about a free X11 Server on win32:

http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/

--
KIMURA Makoto
mak...@cs.cmu.edu

Christoph Lorenz

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
Josef Moellers <molle...@sni.de> writes:

> Guillaume APOSTOLY wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm looking for an X11 Client that runs under Windows 95/98/2000 and all
> > this sort of mess, does it exist ? Is their any freeware like that ?

> > tnx to answer by e-mail too 8°)

> You probably mean an X11 server.

> Client(s) are those programs that do the dirty work. A server is the
> thingy that displays the stuff and handles keyboard and mouse.

And there exists a free X11 server "MI/X", but I can't recommend this
server at all. It's nothing more but a demonstration, how an X server
could look.

It's much better to get something like the "vncserver" (sorry, URL not
avaiable), which runs the complete X session on your UNIX machine (there,
you have *all* of your X environment, including all fonts etc.pp) and just
use a small program of 150k to display the output and get the keyboard/mouse
input at and from your Windows machine.

Ciao
Christoph
--
** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ChLorenz/ ** ChLo...@csi.com **
** No Spam ! ** No Adverts ! ** No Junk-Mails ! ** No unwanted Mails ! **

Guillaume APOSTOLY

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
tnx all for your help 8°)

KIMURA Makoto

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98

Hi, all.

>> It's much better to get something like the "vncserver" (sorry, URL not
>> avaiable), which runs the complete X session on your UNIX machine (there,

You can check VNC in this URL:

http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc