What graphics card?

Josef Moellers

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

I have seen this question posted before, but since I have not had the
need to know, I have not memorized the contents ...

What would be the best graphics card to use on a K6-2 board (AGP) and
XF86? I have just cancelled an order for a G200 based Matrox card, since
it's not supported by XF86.
(I hope I'm not re-starting any religious wars).

TIA,

Josef
--
Josef Moellers molle...@sni.de

PS Dieser Artikel enthaelt einzig und allein meine persoenlichen
Ansichten!
PS This article contains my own, personal opinion only!

Juergen P. Meier

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Josef Moellers <molle...@sni.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen this question posted before, but since I have not had the
> need to know, I have not memorized the contents ...
>
> What would be the best graphics card to use on a K6-2 board (AGP) and
> XF86? I have just cancelled an order for a G200 based Matrox card, since
> it's not supported by XF86.
> (I hope I'm not re-starting any religious wars).

You should have headed ovet to www.xfree86.org, there you can
read that the G200 is supported by the newest XF86 ;-)

> TIA,
>
> Josef
> --
> Josef Moellers molle...@sni.de
>
> PS Dieser Artikel enthaelt einzig und allein meine persoenlichen
> Ansichten!
> PS This article contains my own, personal opinion only!

--
Juergen P. Meier
Email: j...@mailserv.rz.fh-muenchen.de
XEmacs is my Operating System, Linux my device driver.
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.
--
Accepted Languages: [en, de, C]

Michael Auerswald

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
> > What would be the best graphics card to use on a K6-2 board (AGP) and
> > XF86? I have just cancelled an order for a G200 based Matrox card, since
> > it's not supported by XF86.
> > (I hope I'm not re-starting any religious wars).
>
> You should have headed ovet to www.xfree86.org, there you can
> read that the G200 is supported by the newest XF86 ;-)

i guess when the new riva tnt comes out, it will be supported too. i
hope :)
--
michael auerswald
auer...@stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de or check icq 1258170