Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

USB Boot on Gericom

96 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Alan Shore

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 11:47:2029.07.08
komu:
It's about M6-T model. CD-Rom drive isn't working, and i need to find a way
to install win XP from usb stick. the part with making winxp bootable usb
stick is done, but i cannot find a bios option for booting from usb drive. I
have put the hdd as a first boot device, in submenu put bootable add-on
cards in front of the hdd., and it still boots from the hdd... Any help??

Torsten Mann

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 12:05:5829.07.08
komu:

Hi,

have you tried this "bootable" USB stick on another workstation/notebook
that definetly boots from it? Just to make sure your stick is really
bootable...

Brgds, Torsten.
--
· Photography: www.d7d-impressions.com

Alan Shore

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 12:30:1029.07.08
komu:

"Torsten Mann" <nospa...@gmx.de> wrote in message

Ok, forgot that, but now i did. Tried it on my desktop pc, in bios i get my
usb device shown as hdd, i have put boot priority to that device, i get
normal first msg as when i put the bootable winxp cd in the cdrom, when it
tries to continue setup it says: "File \$WIN_NT$.~BT\biosinfo.inf could not
be loaded... The error code is 18... Press any key to exit". Still i don't
get any of that on the laptop. Usb is "bootable", but i somehow screwed up
the making it bootable process. Nevermind, i think it doesn't get my problem
to be solved -.-. Bios on gericom has almost no boot options. Can any of you
give me a link for bios flash(maybe with little instructions)!?

TY in advance!

Bastian Lutz

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 13:12:1129.07.08
komu:
Hi Alan!

Alan Shore schrieb:

Do you know somebody with an external USB CD/DVD drive? Adequate
USB-PATA/SATA bridges shouldn't be that expensive BTW (if you have an
internal drive which you can use for that).

HTH

Bastian Lutz

--
Wenn jemand irgendwas von Anonymitaet faselt, wenn er oder jemand
anderes (meist Newbies) darauf hingewiesen wurde, dass er einen Realname

Alan Shore

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 13:33:1029.07.08
komu:

"Bastian Lutz" <news...@arcor.de> wrote in message

> Hi Alan!
>
> Alan Shore schrieb:
>> It's about M6-T model. CD-Rom drive isn't working, and i need to find a
>> way
>> to install win XP from usb stick. the part with making winxp bootable usb
>> stick is done, but i cannot find a bios option for booting from usb
>> drive. I
>> have put the hdd as a first boot device, in submenu put bootable add-on
>> cards in front of the hdd., and it still boots from the hdd... Any help??
>
> Do you know somebody with an external USB CD/DVD drive? Adequate
> USB-PATA/SATA bridges shouldn't be that expensive BTW (if you have an
> internal drive which you can use for that).

ah, i don't know anybody. actually i'm doing this for friend that's a little
bit low on computer knowlege, just found out that his cd-rom drive isn't
working, so i'm asking here.. i have managed to make working bootable usb
drive, and still cannot boot it on the laptop. so.. any help with newer
bios? all websites with it are in german, and i don't understand a word of
it ^^

Bastian Lutz

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 13:56:1629.07.08
komu:
Hi Alan!

Alan Shore schrieb:
> "Bastian Lutz" <news...@arcor.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Alan!
>>
>> Alan Shore schrieb:
>>> It's about M6-T model. CD-Rom drive isn't working, and i need to find a
>>> way
>>> to install win XP from usb stick. the part with making winxp bootable usb
>>> stick is done, but i cannot find a bios option for booting from usb
>>> drive. I
>>> have put the hdd as a first boot device, in submenu put bootable add-on
>>> cards in front of the hdd., and it still boots from the hdd... Any help??
>> Do you know somebody with an external USB CD/DVD drive? Adequate
>> USB-PATA/SATA bridges shouldn't be that expensive BTW (if you have an
>> internal drive which you can use for that).
>>

> ah, i don't know anybody. actually i'm doing this for friend that's a little
> bit low on computer knowlege, just found out that his cd-rom drive isn't
> working, so i'm asking here.. i have managed to make working bootable usb
> drive, and still cannot boot it on the laptop. so.. any help with newer
> bios? all websites with it are in german, and i don't understand a word of
> it ^^

I'm not familiar with booting from USB sticks because IMHO booting from
CD/DVD causes far less problems.

BTW: Did you already try to clean the lens of the CD drive? (with cotton
bud and distilled water - if you don't have distilled water, use the
steam of boiling hot water)
Perhaps it is a good idea to replace the CD drive or buy an external
one. On ebay they seem to be pretty cheap.

Alan Shore

nepřečteno,
29. 7. 2008 14:03:0429.07.08
komu:

"Bastian Lutz" <news...@arcor.de> wrote in message

well buying the external or internal cd drive seems to be the last option,
cause the laptop isn't mine, and the guy doesn't know how to install any of
it. I don't have adequate equipment here, and online shopping is much harder
from croatia (yes, i'm croatian -.-). Any other ideas would be nice. TY for
your time.

BB

0 nových zpráv