REQ: Commodore's Unix for Amiga - Called Amix - Read inside... NEW Amiga UNIX Site...

no...@home.com

Dec 30, 2001, 4:38:35 AM12/30/01
Ok, I tried to create the floppies with transdisk but it takes about
an hour to re-create them back onto a floppy. The recreated Boot disk
will not boot so I must be doing something wrong.

I have not install Amiga UNIX since it needs disk 2 needs to be
unprotected and at this point I don't want to take any chances and
loose the only copy I have. I will install it once I figure out how
make the extra copies of the floppies. I feel like I am in the
chicken and the egg situation!

Meanwhile, I create a quick site where we can continue with the
discussion of this project, it is now open for anyone. Please join me
at:

http://communities.msn.com/AmigaUNIX

See you over there...

By the way, Pentad your idea is GREAT! (see below)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:06:56 -0500, Pentad <m...@here.com> wrote:

>With all the folks posting Amiga stuff I didn't know if anybody had
>AMIX (Commodore's Unix for the Amiga 3000,3000UX, 3000T, and 2000's
>w/2620 & 2630 cards)? Not so much that I would like to play with it
>(again) but that I think it should be in the TOSEC archives because
>I'm afraid it will get lost forever as people/universities dump their
>Amigas. I'm sure not many folks optioned for AMIX so as these
>machines fade away so does the hope of archiving this before its gone
>forever. This is apart of our history and I wouldn't like to see it
>die without SOMEBODY getting a copy of it to preserve it.
>
>There is more info here at this site including a brochure on AMIX!
>http://www.mmhart.com/amiga.htm
>

>Thanks for listening to me rant! :-)
>

>---

Ignatios Souvatzis

Jan 9, 2002, 6:13:37 AM1/9/02
[Followup-To de.comp.sys.amiga.unix gesetzt]

In article <c4ot2uge1ac9bsptd...@4ax.com>,

"no...@home.com" <no...@home.com> writes:

> Meanwhile, I create a quick site where we can continue with the
> discussion of this project, it is now open for anyone. Please join me
> at:
>
> http://communities.msn.com/AmigaUNIX

Schlechte Idee. Je mehr Diskussion auf irgendwelchen osbkuren Webforen
stattfindet, desto unbrauchbarer werden die Newsgroups.

Tschoe,
-is