S: Old game Detonator (appr. 1984-86)

Gregor Copoix

Aug 20, 2004, 5:39:28 PM8/20/04
Hi Amiga-fans,

while reenabling my old Amiga I was very disappointed that one of my old
games, Detonator, was unreadable.

It would be very kind if anyone could send me this great breakout-variant by
EMail (adf or lha, was a normal DOS disk).

Thank you in advance

Gregor

colin

Aug 21, 2004, 11:54:34 AM8/21/04

Gregor Copoix <log...@xeption.de> wrote in message
Made in 1987 by creative vision; and after googling a bit, could also have
been a c64 game..
http://www.back2roots.org/News/Find/?find=detonator

There`s no listing in joobs` website...(is it freeware or not, John?)
http://eager.back2roots.org/DATA/D.HTML

It`s on the web, if you`d like to try and find it (one website) ;)

John Burns

Aug 22, 2004, 8:19:13 PM8/22/04

I know, I have a little info on the game but haven't put it on the site yet due
to other work which I am undertaking. AFAIK permission hasn't been given to
distribute it.

colin

Sep 1, 2004, 10:55:48 AM9/1/04

John Burns <jo...@grizo.free-onlineNOJUNK.co.uk> wrote in message

Well, pull you finger out ..and catch up:-)

John Burns

Sep 2, 2004, 12:23:28 AM9/2/04
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:55:48 +1000, "colin" wrote:

> John Burns <jo...@grizo.free-onlineNOJUNK.co.uk> wrote in message

> > I know, I have a little info on the game but haven't put it on the site yet due
> > to other work which I am undertaking. AFAIK permission hasn't been given to
> > distribute it.

> Well, pull you finger out ..and catch up:-)

Unfortunately, it's not so much my finger(s) but time which is the problem. Even
I must devote some of this commodity to earning a crust. Sigh, if only I could
win the lottery... :)

Paul

Sep 3, 2004, 8:06:56 PM9/3/04
Hi There. I tried to email you the game you are looking for, but got this
back instead!

Your message

Sep 4, 2004, 6:55:12 AM9/4/04
Thanks Paul; but I wasn`t wanting the game myself, but was looking for it
for some-one-else.

And as John has mentioned, it`s not exactly a game that permission has been
given by it`s authors to be freely distributable.
So I decline to provide a download link.

As for my email address; it was cancelled a while back when John reported me
to hotmail for breaching their terms of use.

Paul <paul.co...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

John Burns

Sep 6, 2004, 12:58:30 AM9/6/04
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:06:56 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

> Hi There. I tried to email you the game you are looking for, but got this
> back instead!
>
> Your message

Colin had that email address revoked by his ISP after being reported for
distributing copyrighted material. However, could you refrain from using this
newsgroup to discuss you illegal activities - warez trading is frowned upon
here. If you want to do it fine, but do so in private. This is in your own best
interest too, making your wrong-doing public can only have dire consequences for
yourself.

John Burns

Sep 6, 2004, 12:52:43 AM9/6/04
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:55:12 +1000, "colin" wrote:

> Thanks Paul; but I wasn`t wanting the game myself, but was looking for it
> for some-one-else.
>
> And as John has mentioned, it`s not exactly a game that permission has been
> given by it`s authors to be freely distributable. So I decline to provide a
> download link.
>
> As for my email address; it was cancelled a while back when John reported me
> to hotmail for breaching their terms of use.

That wasn't the main reason, many people have posted stuff which would be
against their ISPs rules but it was your attitude (at that time) when you were
rebuked for posting copyright material which prompted my action (only the 2nd
person I've ever done it to - The other was Tim Rue, yikes, such dubious company
:) ).

colin

Sep 8, 2004, 2:13:39 PM9/8/04

John Burns <jo...@grizo.free-onlineNOJUNK.co.uk> wrote in message

John only likes his website. his replies; and any one that disagrees, is a
pirate (like himself).

;)

John Burns

Sep 9, 2004, 8:10:58 PM9/9/04

Well given that it is my website and they are my replies it'd be rather odd if I
didn't like them, wouldn't it? That doesn't mean that I like them to the
detriment of everything else or think they are perfect. Not everyone who I
disagree with is a pirate - though most of those that argue with me here do fall
into that bracket. You, by your own actions, labelled yourself a distributor of
copyrighted material, not I (and your ISP agreed with this).

OK Colin, money where your stupid mouth is. Proof of my piracy please, if not
then everyone will know (yet again) what a sad little antipodean wa**ker you
are.