Fremdcancel in at.linux (was: MandrakeSecurity-SNF.i586.iso.z01 (01/46) 10000)

1 view

Karl Voit

Jan 12, 2002, 6:11:21 AM1/12/02
gogopabo <n...@no.com> wrote:

[...]

Hat hier schon irgendwer fremdgecanceled?

Oder stehen irgendwo die Regeln hierfuer?

Ich meine unsere Kollegen mit Modem werden u.U. *etwas* auszucken *g*

--
Karl VOIT, Graz University of Technology (Austria/Europe)
begin I_am_a_Signature_-_not_a_Virus.jpg.txt

PauL

Jan 12, 2002, 7:01:23 AM1/12/02

"Karl Voit" <vk_...@gmx.at> wrote in message news:pk5p1a...@lisa.dyn.priv.at...

> Hat hier schon irgendwer fremdgecanceled?

(schnitt)

> begin I_am_a_Signature_-_not_a_Virus.jpg.txt

WTF?

Jetzt werden Sie auch auf die schwarze Liste gesetzt!

Paul. (Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol)

Karl Voit

Jan 12, 2002, 9:20:10 AM1/12/02

?

>> begin I_am_a_Signature_-_not_a_Virus.jpg.txt
>
> WTF?
>
> Jetzt werden Sie auch auf die schwarze Liste gesetzt!
>
> Paul. (Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol)

lol2, if I'd know your language ;-)

(Seems to me that you're not a native german speaker, so:)
Please note that this is a german newsgroup, where binary postings are NOT
welcome.

Something like that again you've get your first official *plonks* here I guess ...

And if your Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 has problems with that
signature, get a newsreader which is not broken.

[f'up2 set]

Wouter Verhelst

Jan 12, 2002, 4:15:05 PM1/12/02
In article <qmgp1a...@lisa.dyn.priv.at>,

Karl Voit <vk_...@gmx.at> writes:
> PauL <mi...@tijd.com.del> wrote:
>>
>> "Karl Voit" <vk_...@gmx.at> wrote in message news:pk5p1a...@lisa.dyn.priv.at...
>>
>>> Hat hier schon irgendwer fremdgecanceled?
>>
>> (schnitt)
>
> ?
>
>>> begin I_am_a_Signature_-_not_a_Virus.jpg.txt
>>
>> WTF?
>>
>> Jetzt werden Sie auch auf die schwarze Liste gesetzt!
>>
>> Paul. (Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> lol2, if I'd know your language ;-)
>
> (Seems to me that you're not a native german speaker, so:)
> Please note that this is a german newsgroup, where binary postings are NOT
> welcome.

Please note that these are actually _three_ (3) newsgroups, of which
only two (2) are in german; the other one is be.comp.os.linux, which
is mainly Dutch.

The phrase "Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol"
means "These Austrian people are running a few years behind, lol". And
he's right; we've seen this joke in a lot of Dutch newsgroups a few
years ago, but we've had it now.

> Something like that again you've get your first official *plonks* here I guess ...
>

> And if your Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 has problems with that
> signature, get a newsreader which is not broken.

He knows. PauL is our official Troll.

> [f'up2 set]

What's that for?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
-- From the movie "Antitrust"

Martin Eitzenberger

Jan 12, 2002, 4:49:46 PM1/12/02
Hi!

>>> (Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol)

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> lol2, if I'd know your language ;-)
>>
>> (Seems to me that you're not a native german speaker, so:)
>> Please note that this is a german newsgroup, where binary postings are
>> NOT welcome.
>
> Please note that these are actually _three_ (3) newsgroups, of which
> only two (2) are in german; the other one is be.comp.os.linux, which
> is mainly Dutch.
>
> The phrase "Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol"
> means "These Austrian people are running a few years behind, lol". And
> he's right; we've seen this joke in a lot of Dutch newsgroups a few
> years ago, but we've had it now.

I understand a little bit of dutch, because I've some good, dutch-speaking
friends...

But I don't think, even if this is just a joke ;-), that we Austrians are
years behind... Even if our goverment is ;-)

I don't have a problem with english speaking posts, broken signatures... As
long as you don't hurt someone ;-)

Have Fun!
Martin

--
--> PSIplus <psi...@gmx.net> - ICQ... 57749465
--> Site... www.psiplus.org - Board... www.netphoenix.at

Karl Voit

Jan 12, 2002, 5:45:15 PM1/12/02
Looks like a little flamewar is going on here? *g*

Wouter Verhelst <wou...@dezevensprong.local> wrote:
> In article <qmgp1a...@lisa.dyn.priv.at>,
> Karl Voit <vk_...@gmx.at> writes:
>>
>> (Seems to me that you're not a native german speaker, so:)
>> Please note that this is a german newsgroup, where binary postings are NOT
>> welcome.
>
> Please note that these are actually _three_ (3) newsgroups, of which
> only two (2) are in german;

... and x-postings are not welcome either AFAIK.

> the other one is be.comp.os.linux, which
> is mainly Dutch.

Then why did the original posting happened to appear in this one? *g*

> The phrase "Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol"
> means "These Austrian people are running a few years behind, lol".

TNX for translation.

> And he's right;

because?

>> Something like that again you've get your first official *plonks* here I guess ...
>>
>> And if your Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 has problems with that
>> signature, get a newsreader which is not broken.
>
> He knows. PauL is our official Troll.

Good 2 know.

>> [f'up2 set]
>
> What's that for?

That's for emphasizing that my words were related to the original violation
of the rules of _this_ newsgroup (no binaries, german).

Sorry, if your mailreader can't handle that one correctly.

... and I'm off here.

Wouter Verhelst

Jan 12, 2002, 6:05:07 PM1/12/02
In article <1039518.l...@psiplus.cjb.net>,

Martin Eitzenberger <psi...@gmx.net> writes:
>> The phrase "Die Oostenrijkers lopen wel een paar jaar achter, lol"
>> means "These Austrian people are running a few years behind, lol". And
>> he's right; we've seen this joke in a lot of Dutch newsgroups a few
>> years ago, but we've had it now.
>
> I understand a little bit of dutch, because I've some good, dutch-speaking
> friends...
>
> But I don't think, even if this is just a joke ;-), that we Austrians are
> years behind... Even if our goverment is ;-)
>
> I don't have a problem with english speaking posts, broken signatures... As
> long as you don't hurt someone ;-)

There was no intention to hurt anyone. If I did, my excuses.