A linux inkjet that prints black even with empty color cartridge?

wrb

Sep 22, 2003, 9:11:59 AM9/22/03

Hi . I plan to buy an inkjet printer; I almost was
convinced for the epson C84 but at
www.linuxprinting.org/epson-faq.html#free_software_support
I found that it doesn't print black if any color cartridge gets empty :

1.10 How do I print black without an installed color cartridge?

[as a general issue of the epson inkjets]
You cannot continue printing with one ink cartridge empty. Before printing,
replace the empty cartridge. This is not a feature of the GNU/Linux d
river, this
is is a designed behaviour with the Epson printers that cannot be c
hanged in
software.

I find this behavior pretty unfair;
is there presently a linux supported inkjet printer that
prints black even with some empty color cartridges?

thank you

--

PS My email box (but delete the eleven from the address):

w11r...@tele2.it.