RPM halts?

1 view

jamil shaikh

May 30, 2001, 3:10:57 PM5/30/01

I am trying to install bzip rpm package using rpm 3.0.1. But looks like
it is halt. It never comes back in hours until I use kill -9.
Here are the logs. Does any one has any clue.

# rpm -vv -i bzip2-1_0_1-2_ppc.rpm
D: counting packages to install
D: found 1 packages
D: looking for packages to download
D: retrieved 0 packages
D: New Header signature
D: Signature size: 68
D: Signature pad : 4
D: sigsize : 72
D: Header + Archive: 72177
D: expected size : 72177
D: opening database mode 0x42 in //var/lib/rpm/
D: found 0 source and 1 binary packages
D: dependencies: looking for /sbin/ldconfig
D: dependencies: looking for ld.so.1
D: dependencies: looking for libbz2.so.1
D: dependencies: looking for libc.so.6
D: dependencies: looking for /bin/sh
D: dependencies: looking for libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
D: dependencies: looking for libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
D: installing binary packages

thanks
jamil