LongFileName in Borland Pascal 7.0 ?

Jørgen Jensen

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
Dose anyone have some exampels op function / procedure for listing files on
the screen including files which are longfilename, I do not like when I get
myfile~1.xxx I need this in order to list all files into a file.

The Pascal are writen in pascal 7.0 and are to run in windows 95 /98 or NT
4.0....

I have tryed many things incl LFN unit, but this are not running in NT.
Any help are needed...

Best ragards

Jørgen Jensen

j...@danfoss.com

Andreas Killer

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
"Jørgen Jensen" schrieb:

> Dose anyone have some exampels op function / procedure for listing files on
> the screen including files which are longfilename, I do not like when I get
> myfile~1.xxx I need this in order to list all files into a file.
>
> The Pascal are writen in pascal 7.0 and are to run in windows 95 /98 or NT
> 4.0....
>
> I have tryed many things incl LFN unit, but this are not running in NT.
> Any help are needed...
The problem with NT is that it doesn't support the Win9x interrupts in a
DOS-box.

But take a look at http://www.goof.com/pcg/djgpp/ntlfn.html for some
help. I don't know if it works and I don't have test this tools with
LFN, because I don't have NT. :)

By, Andreas.

PS.: My homepage is http://home.t-online.de/home/andreas.killer/ if you
want to download my LFN-unit.

Rudy Velthuis

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Jørgen Jensen wrote...

>I have tryed many things incl LFN unit, but this are not running in NT.
>Any help are needed...

You simply can't do it in NT. Sorry. You'll have to use a Win32 compiler,
like... Delphi <g>.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Jacques Bolduc

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
Try or look for this package have found on the Net!
"DOS70P20.ZIP" 195,949 bytes Feb.98
This Support the long file name.

Rudy Velthuis

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
Jacques Bolduc wrote...

>Try or look for this package have found on the Net!
>"DOS70P20.ZIP" 195,949 bytes Feb.98
>This Support the long file name.

Not on NT. Only on Win95/98.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Marco

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00

Apparantly (I don't have it, don't use NT), there is a third party VXD
which fixes this (implements ax=7xxx functions for NT dosbox)