Reboot problem

kemal masa

Aug 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/26/00
Hi All,

I've got a strange problem by restarting my comp. After I installed a
win2000Me I cant restart anymore. After all IDE devices are being checked
and afterdetected I get a blank screen with a cursor blinking in the upper
corner. No reaction on CTRL+ALT+DELETE. I cant see the usual table with
discription of CPU, memory and IDE devices attached to the system. It means
i have no access to any device incl. floppy, harddisk and zip. The only
thing i have i BIOS where i am still able to make any changes.
What could it be? Loading Safe-defaults from BIOS didnt bring anything.
Please help! I need my PC back!

Thanks in advance!

Ed Stewart

Aug 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/26/00
What happens when you push the reset button?

Ed Stewart
http://www.biggerbytes.com

"kemal masa" <kjm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Alceryes

Aug 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/26/00
Did you upgrade from another OS or was it a clean install? This really
sound like a hardware prob. or a Bios virus. Try resetting the bios (pull
the watch battery for 5 seconds or so).
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

Webmaster Sydney Internet Directory

Aug 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/31/00
Thanks..

Firstly it was a clean install on a newly formatted HD.

When I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del I get Zip. The Keyboard goes dead, the screen goes
black but nothing else happens. No power supply or disk noise to let you know
anything. The light on the CD does NOT go on.

The same is when I hit the reset button on the box.

The same is when I use the Start/Shutdown/Restart option

The same when Win says it will reboot for this new change etc..

Nothing happens unless I ON/OFF, and then sometimes it takes two ON/OFF;s to get
it to light up.

Get the brains working guys.. I'm about stumped!!

Thanks

David

It is with Win98 and also ME ! It definitely is a Hardware or Bios Problem
however I can't see where I need to change anything on the mobo or in the Bios.

I flashed the 2.36 Bios to this newer one (2.55) and changed the CPU from 400 to
600 Pent3. All seems to run perfectly everywhere except for this reset problem.

Alceryes wrote:

Sydney Internet Directory - SYDNEYBIZ.COM
email : webm...@sydneybiz.com
<mailto:webm...@sydneybiz.com>
support: sup...@sydneybiz.com <mailto:sup...@sydneybiz.com>
sales : sa...@sydneybiz.com <mailto:sa...@sydneybiz.com>
web : http://www.sydneybiz.com <http://www.sydneybiz.com>
voice : + 61 2 9826 0220
fax : + 61 2 9607 7088
Postal : PO Box 3374 Liverpool NSW 2170 Australia

============================Disclaimer===============================
Internet email is not a secure communication medium, and we advise that you
observe this lack of security when emailing us. Notwithstanding, this email
is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. Any opinion or advice it
contains is subject to our terms and conditions of business. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete
the message. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, or distribute this email without the author's prior permission. We
have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks on an
attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.