Missing drivers on PCI Serial Controller

Ben Jorna

Jul 21, 2001, 2:29:50 PM7/21/01

Recently I got an old Packard Bell with a replaced mainbord, I think the new
board is different from the old one. It's emergency disk is gone, so I can't
use the Packard Bell installation CDrom's. I downloaded drivers for it's
videochip, (ATI 3d Rage Pro Turbo), the soundchip (Creative ES1373) and its
Rockwell modem. Video is fine, but I can't install the sounddriver and the
modem does'nt function either. System info says:
" PCI Serial Controller
Unknown
This device has a problem: Code=28 (0x1C)
The drivers for this device ar not installed correctly. (etc.)

PCI Multimedia Audio Device
Unknown
This device has a problem: Code=28 (0x1C)
The drivers for this device ar not installed correctly. (etc.)"

Because I found out that the drivers for the modem and the soundchip are the
correct ones, I think the problems are caused by the missing PCI serial
controller driver. Am I right?
The mainboard is a MS-6159 from MSI. On the MSI site I could'nt find any
drivers for the PCI serial Controller. I've installed new drivers for the
chipset (the MS-6159 is equiped with the Intel 82440LX), but the set of
drivers for that chipset doesn't include one for the PCI serial Controler.
Does anyone know where I can find this driver?

Thanks in advance

Ben