Ms-Edge Web-Browser causes unrelated HDD access ?

BlackFaith Doom

Oct 15, 2022, 3:05:02 AM10/15/22
Did anyone noticed that MS-Edge browser causes
access to HDDs on a NAS ?

The HDDs are in a 5 Bay NAS, all JBOD , Single Disks ...,

But launching , or having used Edge-Brower i noticed the NAS-LEDs lighting up , where they should not .... .

I have been coping data on the array via Explorer .

Setup:
Slot 1+2 = JBOD (Volume 1)
Slot 3= JBOD (Volume 2)
Slot 4=JBOD(Voltume 3)
Slot 5=JBOD(Volume 4)

Now i have been "moving data" from Volume1 to "Volume 2"
which usually lights up the corresponding LEDs ,
on Volume 1 and Volume 2.
(mostly LEDs on the Slots 2 and 3 , and Slot 1 abit , too . )

But while i was brwosing the web , with multiple TABs open in MS-Edge Webbrowser , i noticed ...
All NAS Slot LEDs where lighting up .........

I previously had repeatedly had issues with write-errors , due to MS-Update KB:5017308, which was fixed uninstalling the update.
https://www.borncity.com/blog/2022/09/15/windows-10-update-kb5017308-verursacht-probleme-beim-erstellen-kopieren-von-dateien-per-gpo/

Restarting MS-Edge .., i was not yet able to reproduce this behaviour ...

BlackFaith Doom

Oct 15, 2022, 3:07:23 AM10/15/22
OS Windows 10 Home .

Marco Moock

Oct 15, 2022, 3:32:35 AM10/15/22
Am 15.10.2022 um 00:05:01 Uhr schrieb BlackFaith Doom:

> Did anyone noticed that MS-Edge browser causes
> access to HDDs on a NAS ?

Please write in German here or use an English newsgroup, like
comp.os.ms-windows.misc

Shinji Ikari

Oct 15, 2022, 4:18:13 AM10/15/22
Guten Tag

BlackFaith Doom <dritter...@gmail.com> schrieb

>OS Windows 10 Home .

auf dem NAS?

BlackFaith Doom

Oct 15, 2022, 5:22:05 AM10/15/22
Nein..., auf dem Laptop mit dem die Daten via Windows Explorer kopiert werden , ist Windows 10 Home installiert.

BlackFaith Doom

Oct 15, 2022, 6:23:03 PM10/15/22
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Backdoor%3aPHP%2fWeevelyShell.R!MTB&threatid=2147761519

Vielleicht war es das .., zumindest zeigte Windows eine Datei auf dem NAS als betroffen an .