AOPEN burner wil not burn anymore at maximum speed:-(

Bert

Sep 15, 2002, 7:13:15 AM9/15/02
Hi I have a aopen burnen about 8 months old now.
I try to burn at 12 speed ( the maximum for this burner and I use the same
16 speed an 24 speed cdrom that I always used)
I get this error messaged

Medium speed error
Invalide write state
clould not perform EndTrack
Burn proces failed at 12 x

and the burning is terminated!.

When I do a burn again with the same CD inserted at 8 speed the burning is
succesful!

The burner is an AOPEN CDRW1232

This problem realy puzzzeles me!

someone got a clue what canbe wrong or how to find out what is wrong?

Greets

Bert

Tim Epstein

Sep 16, 2002, 10:26:35 AM9/16/02
Check that your operating system is configured to use DMA Bus mastering for
the IDE controller, and that your hard drives and CD-ROM drives are
configured to use DMA, not PIO mode.

"Bert" <bhen...@haalweg.lycos.haalookweg.nl> wrote in message