suddenly problems with AOPEN 1232 burner

bert

Mar 17, 2003, 4:17:17 AM3/17/03
Hi NG.

I have been using my AOPEN burner for slightly more then one year now and it
always was OK.
Now since about one week I get error messages when trying to burn an CDR. (I
tried to write almost 80 mins on a 80 min CDR which normally was no
problem.)

the message I get is "Media speed calibration error.."

I am using the same CDR's from the same batch. They are 24x speed and I only
burn them at max 12 speed.
Further more, when I try to burn 80 minutes on a 90 mins CDR it works.
also when I burn a small amount of date on an 80 mins CDR there is no
problem..
reducing the write speed does not cure this problem! I even trien single
speed :-S

Software Nero 5.5.10.7
Aopen CDR1232PRO
OS win2K professional