What's up with Corel Envoy?

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Dirk Oelschläger

未讀,
1998年8月30日 凌晨3:00:001998/8/30
收件者:
Hi,

I recently purchased Corel DRAW8 and plan to upgrade to Ventura 8 as well.
However, I was surprised that Envoy is not not included any more in either
package, although the use of this utility is still described in the
manual. I phoned Corel's Customer Service and asked whether the Envoy
printer driver is available separately or included in Ventura 8, as I only
found the viewer on my DRAW8-CD. They answered me that Envoy is neither
available separately, nor included any more in Ventura 8. So I asked them
back in which package to obtain it. They simply replied me that it is only
included in Paradox, but didn't give any explanation why it is not
included any more in publishing programs like Ventura or Draw, where it
belongs to.

I am a bit astonished about the "mystic" way, Corel hides their Envoy. Do
they want to lead finally all customers to Adobe's Acrobat monopoly? Why
aren't they happy that some people want to support Corel's portable
format? By the way, I am not a professional DTP user, but I am just
interested in any explanation. Before I will purchase Adobe Acrobat...

Thanx for answers.

Dirk

PS: Those who read this request in de.comp.dtp, can answer in German.
PS: Diejenigen, die diese Anfrage in de.comp.dtp lesen, können auf deutsch
antworten.

--
With greetings from Aalst.

0 則新訊息