New font Available - Collings Old English

Dave Nalle

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
It seems like someone is always asking us for an 'Old English' font.
Authentic antique calligraphy from England wouldn't do, they wanted the
fake, fancied-up black letter style you find on a sign for 'Ye Olde Booke
Shoppe'. So, we decided that after more than a hundred years of use in
signs and titles maybe the style had some legitimacy in its own right.
Accordingly, we went through
our references and found some nice samples assembled by Frank Atkinson
from the work of another turn-of-the-century Chicago sign painter. We
used these as the basis for our new Collins Old English font.

You can try out a free version of the font on our website. Just go to
http://www.ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium

Dave

I write both as an individual and as a company representative
Scriptorium Fonts & Art: http://ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium
Ysgarth RPG Site: http://www.ragnarokpress.com/ragnarok/ysgarth