Search Engine Submission

rich

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

> Hey
>
> I need to know how to go about submitting my web site URL to all the major
> search engines. I've entered the key words inside the meta tag in my HTML
> header, and have a permanent host for my site. What software is needed to
> submit to search engines, and where can I get this software from?
> Any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> rich
> ric...@hotmail.com

www.Loracom.com

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

>> I need to know how to go about submitting my web site URL to all the
major
>> search engines. I've entered the key words inside the meta tag in my HTML

You can go to submit-it.com, or a comparable company. I think this would
probably be your best bet if you truely want to go to a vast majority of the
search engines.

Hope this helps,
Carol
HTML Gotten Boring? www.Loracom.com, take your website to the next
level...over 3000 people already have!

Isaac

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
rich wrote:
> > I need to know how to go about submitting my web site URL to all the major
> > search engines. I've entered the key words inside the meta tag in my HTML
> > header, and have a permanent host for my site. What software is needed to
> > submit to search engines, and where can I get this software from?
> > Any advice would be much appreciated.

No special software is required. Just go to the search engine's page and locate
their "Submit URL" (It might not be exactly that phrase, but somewhere along
those lines) section. Then fill out the information.

Chip Ciammaichella

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
It's best to submit to the major engines manually. If you
want an automatic submission tool, you will find a list of
the better ones at
http://www.website-profits.com/html/sgp53.html
I highly recommend Site Promoter...I've never found a better
tool for submitting to the engines that count, as it ensures
your pages are submitted in exactly the format each search
engine wants, helping you get a better ranking off the bat.

--
Chip Ciammaichella
http://www.chipcom.net/

How to Make your PC Y2k Ready
http://www.chipcom.net/y2kfix.htm

www.Loracom.com <in...@Loracom.com> wrote in message

> >> I need to know how to go about submitting my web site
URL to all the
> major
> >> search engines. I've entered the key words inside the
meta tag in my HTML

Rick

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99

> I highly recommend Site Promoter...I've never found a better
> tool for submitting to the engines that count, as it ensures
> your pages are submitted in exactly the format each search
> engine wants, helping you get a better ranking off the bat

Might give that a try, currently using a combination of dump-truck and the
exploit submisson wizard (which seems to submit mostly to ffa link pages)

Rick

Ted Holmes

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Hi;

Try my Search Engine Submission Tutorial.
I just updated it!

HOW TO GET TRAFFIC FROM SEARCH ENGINES

Here are some excellent (mostly unknown) resources and
tips that are a real help in optimizing your Web Pages
before submitting them to the Search Engines. Using
these techniques, I have consistently placed many
clients in the top 10 against hundreds of thousands.

1. Add the Proper Meta Tags

Meta tags are what the majority of search engines use
in order to find out what your site is about. Most
people don't know about them, and most Web designers
have only a foggy idea about how to use them
effectively so that the search engines will index your
site properly.

What are they you ask? They are special codes that you
embed into your Website, and many search engines use
them in order to determine what your site is all about.

Did you know that out of thousands of the largest U.S.
companies with Web Sites, only a small fraction were
properly engineered with Meta tags? Check it out here:
http://www.sitemetrics.com/contentsurvey/

Your Meta Tags should contain the words and phrases
that people will type into the search engines to find
you. How do you know the sorts of words people will be
typing into the search engines?

2. At first you wouldn't think that would be a hard
thing to figure out, but often, your target market will
use different words to describe your offering than you
would.

So I built a very unique search engine of my own that
tells you what people actually type into the search
engines in order to find an offering like yours. It's
called the "CEBN Global Keywords Search Engine". I have
archived 100,000 real keyword searches from many of the
big search engines.

All you need to do is go to:
http://www.cebn.com/metatags.htm

Then type in a word that describes your industry. The
CEBN Global Keywords Search Engine will go through the
entire database, find the exact search strings as they
were originally typed in, and show you the ranking of
that search query against the 100,000. This is a great
place to get the kind of keywords that will pull people
in. You will even find common spelling mistakes here
too. Add them to your Meta tags.

3.The next few paragraphs will give you what you need
to know to build your Meta Tags. If you are not
comfortable with editing your Web Pages, then someone
will have to do it for you.

A) Title your pages incorporating important keywords.
Don't leave the title blank. Many Search Engines
consider the title more important than anything else.
Instead of saying: "Welcome to my Website", say
something like: "Collectible books: Rare, Precious, and
Antique Books for Sale".

That way, if somebody types in "Collectible Books" or
"Rare Books" or "Antique Books" or "Antique Books for
Sale", your Web Page will definitely be relevant and
will be a major contender for that coveted first page
of hits on a Search Engine.

B) Add 2 more Meta tags: Include one for a description
of your site, and one for keywords. Some of the biggest
search engines are penalizing for descriptions and
keyword tags that are too long, or contain too many
repeats of the same word. To check your "Meta Tags" to
see if they are properly optimized without breaking the
rules, go to "Meta Medic"
http://www.northernwebs.com/set/setsimjr.html

When you get there, scroll to the bottom of the page.
All you have to do is type in your Web Page address
into the form they have, and it will generate a report
on your Meta tags. You will learn if your tags are too
big, or if you repeat them too many times. It even
contains error checking for some of the more common
errors.

C) Now, weave your keywords artfully into the text of
your Web Page. Make a list of keywords before you write
your content and use them as often as you reasonably
can. Use the most important ones at the top of your
page.

Here is how to avoid a few mistakes that will make all
of this good work irrelevant and get you banned from
the Search Engines.

Do not use the following "tricks". Search Engines are
getting smarter faster.

A) White on white text (or text that is the same color
as the background.) No one looking at your site can see
it (unless they highlight a suspiciously large blank
area of your Web Page and find it). That's considered
spam and will get your site banned on some search
engines.

B) Repeating keywords over and over in your Meta-Tags.
Search Engines now know to look for it, and will drop
the relevancy of your site accordingly.

C) Repeating the title of your Web Page a few times in
the code. It is quickly coming to light that it is
another "cheat".

The search engines are rapidly evolving, with enormous
amounts of cash flowing in. They are constantly
upgrading the sophistication and intelligence of their
software. Soon, they will be smart enough to know all
of the loop holes. So, I would advise you not to use
them.

REGISTERING WITH THE SEARCH ENGINES

I've long been an advocate of manually registering your
Website with the search engines. The search engines are
always banning or penalizing automated submissions and
not telling anybody about it. So, I developed a fairly
simple procedure that ended up giving me tens of
thousands of visitors every month throughout my
Website.

But "Dumptruck"
http://www.trafficstudio.com/dumptruck/about.htm is an
automated program I trust. That's because it actually
saves a copy of the search engines' acceptance so that
you can confirm your site was actually received by the
search engine.

It's shareware, which means you can use it for free. If
you like it, simply register it and pay the $15 dollars
to support a company who is doing it right.

All you do once you download it, is paste or type
multiple url's (the actual addresses of your separate
Web pages) into the window, and click the button.

Pour a coffee while it does it's thing. You will have
been added to the top search engines.

Now, before you go tearing across cyberspace to get
this program and start submitting your site, let me
tell you why you should have a little training on power
tools.

A) If you have not optimized your Web pages for the
search engines using meta tags your submission will not
bring you much traffic.

B) You can't start submitting your site every day just
because you have a power tool that will. Search engines
can be like angry hornets if you do that and quietly
ban you.

C) It doesn't do Yahoo. No automated submission service
can.

You can get a great step-by-step tutorial on how to
build massive traffic to your site in Ken Evoys'
"Traffic Building" manual that comes with his marketing
course.

He walks you through some excellent ways to get listed
with Yahoo, how to generate the most powerful Meta
Tags, and more. It's actually an entire 800 page manual
on how to turn your Website into a cash machine. It
really is worth the paltry $17. You can download it
right now, and be up to speed before you finish
optimizing your Website.
http://www.cebn.sitesell.com

If you are not familiar with his manual, I've done an
extensive write-up here:
http://www.cebn.com/popupreview.htm

If you have followed the advice in this article, you
can easily find out how the major search engines rank
your Website against other web sites that are like
yours. It may be a few weeks before the majority will
have you indexed, but Altavista will normally add you
within a couple of days or sooner.
Just go here:
http://www.rankthis.com

This site will tell you if your site comes up in the
top 200 of the major Search Engines. All you do is type
in the keywords that you have incorporated into your
site, type in the page url that you want to check, and
then choose the search Engine you wish to examine. It
will rank your site against the top 200.

Best of all good things,

Ted Holmes

Other resources by Ted Holmes:
Just go to the CEBN Home Page to access these free
services.
http://www.cebn.com

DAILY NEWSLETTER: Fresh, digestible Internet tips
and techniques delivered to your Email box daily.

A FREE INTERNET MARKETING COURSE: Now over 20
chapters brimming with ways to grow your business on
the Internet, it is now free by Email.
To see raves about the quality of information, click
here:
http://www.cebn.com/iot.htm

Lots more in the archives too.

see_sig@for_my_addr

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
rich

try Tony Morgan's site at http://www.atomor.demon.co.uk/register where
you will find a lot of good advice on this topic

martin

arca...@cults.dircon.co.uk