free pc-to-phone calls within Germany?

Ashraf Mahmoud

Jan 1, 2001, 12:22:29 AM1/1/01
Are there any sites providing free internet PC-to-phone
calls to/within Germany?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ashraf.

Michael Johann

Jan 1, 2001, 5:57:01 AM1/1/01
"Ashraf Mahmoud" <amah...@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Are there any sites providing free internet PC-to-phone
> calls to/within Germany?

freemail.web.de

--
MfG Registered Linux User #156773 |
Michael Johann [GnuPG] http://counter.li.org |

Gunnar Kaestle

Jan 2, 2001, 6:41:34 AM1/2/01
In soc.culture.german Michael Johann <Michael...@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Are there any sites providing free internet PC-to-phone
>> calls to/within Germany?

> freemail.web.de

This will work
a) only with the M$ Explorer,
b) with a postal address in an "allowed" country. The U.S. isn't in this
list of contries so far. The freemail-account will be fully activated not
until the user enters an activator-key, and he gets this key via the postal
service. WEB.DE checks the real addresses of their users and this policy
leads to a shrunken amount of complaints to their abuse-department.

Bests,
Gunnar

--
gunnar....@gmx.net public key available at