Garmin eTrex30 vs. eTrex30x

Tuxedo

Apr 29, 2018, 11:54:27 AM4/29/18
Hello,

Sorry for the wrong language on this group but I guess most people here also
read English.

I'm curious abot the new eTrex30x. Is there anyone here who has tested this
device?

I have an eTrex30 already and the only drawback is its relatively short
battery life.

Now the updated eTrex30x has become available, which I'm considering as I
need a second GPS. On Garmin's website the differences between the two are
mainly storage and display with pixels being more for the new version, while
stating the battery life is the same.

Most other features being more or less identical, I presume the battery life
of the new "x" version would actually be less due to its higher screen
resolution, unless perhaps the processor and display of the new x-version
happens to be more energy efficient.

Anyone has experience with both products?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/87774#specs
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/518048#specs

The specs state 25 hours battery life for both versions but if that measure
was taken while the device was idle, i.e. when the screen was unlit, it's
hardly a comparable measure for a real world use.

Thanks for any advise.

Tuxedo