Re: Whoa!

1 view
Message has been deleted

Birgit Bucher

Jun 4, 2009, 4:06:56 PM6/4/09
Thomas Mertz wrote:
> alien8er wrote:
>
>>> You know, I always used to think science fiction was ridiculous.
>>> And I always grew up thinking I was living in modern times, and
>>> everything had already been invented, if that makes any sense.
>>
>> You _do_ know that the POTA films as well as _2001 A Space
>> Odyssey_, the _Terminator_ films and a great many more SF films and
>> books and pre-SF stuff like Mary Shelley's _Frankenstein_ were
>> heavily inspired by the really Ancient tale of the Golem, right?
>
> Er war einmal nur ein Hobbit so wie wir sind auch!

Verwechselst Du da nicht etwas? ;-)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gollum#Gollum.2FSm.C3.A9agol

Suilad
Birgit
--
"West, west away, the round sun is falling.
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,

David DeLaney

Jun 4, 2009, 1:53:27 PM6/4/09
On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:03:51 +0200, Thomas Mertz <t...@example.com> wrote:
>alien8er wrote:
>> > You know, I always used to think science fiction was ridiculous. And I
>> > always grew up thinking I was living in modern times, and everything
>> > had already been invented, if that makes any sense.
>>
>> You _do_ know that the POTA films as well as _2001 A Space Odyssey_,
>> the _Terminator_ films and a great many more SF films and books and
>> pre-SF stuff like Mary Shelley's _Frankenstein_ were heavily inspired
>> by the really Ancient tale of the Golem, right?
>
>Er war einmal nur ein Hobbit so wie wir sind auch!

..."the fatter toad is waxing on the kine's cole-slaw"?

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Adam Funk

Jun 4, 2009, 5:07:19 PM6/4/09
On 2009-06-04, David DeLaney wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:03:51 +0200, Thomas Mertz <t...@example.com> wrote:

>>Er war einmal nur ein Hobbit so wie wir sind auch!
>
> ..."the fatter toad is waxing on the kine's cole-slaw"?

ITYM "my hovercraft is full of eels".

Adam "Where is my Elvish-Hungarian phrasebook?" Funk

--
Oh, I do most of my quality thinking on the old sandbox. [Bucky Katt]

Message has been deleted