Low traffic disconnect and Dial on demand for specific applications

Jan

Apr 22, 2003, 5:32:39 AM4/22/03
Hi!

i have moved to linux now (Suse 8.2) and have two questions concerning
ISDN handling. For sure some of you had the same problems and still
got a solution for them

a) Low Traffic Disconnect

i dont wonna hangup the line when no traffic occurs any more
(huptimeout),
i also wannt to hangup on low traffic situation (transferred less than
xxx bytes in yyy secs). Is there a way to configure it with kisdn or
how do you solved that problem?

b) allow dial-up for specific programs

I do not wanna grant all application to dial in automatically, i just
want to
allow only specific applications or specific services to dial
automatically. Is there an existing solution for that?

Ok, thanks in advance for any provided solution or link to postings in
other groups. Bye

Antiochius

Jul 20, 2003, 2:37:27 PM7/20/03

Hi, there,

if you want to grant specific applications suid-rights use pam.
In my distribution with kde is a good example the kisdndock wrapper.
That lets your applications use root-rights(setuid-root-bit) and then
the wrapper can do all wired things YOU CONFIGURED.
But if you want to configure your CARD to dial automatically SOME
applications and other applications should not dial automatically, then
you need a second isdn-card i think. My card dials manually by me(the
user) and never if a stupid workstation on my net wants to dial.
If you need such features for buissness register your distribution by
your distributor and ask for professional advice.