Re: Whcih food can you cook in less than 10 minutes?

Message has been deleted

Omelet

Feb 25, 2009, 2:55:21 PM2/25/09
In article <go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org>, "Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Learn to use a microwave...

Seriously.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

cshenk

Feb 25, 2009, 3:08:21 PM2/25/09
"Xenon" wrote :

> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Lots of things. Braised cabbage with onions and sausages comes to mind.

Nancy2

Feb 25, 2009, 3:38:33 PM2/25/09
On Feb 25, 1:58 pm, "Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Grilled cheese, lamb chop, hot dog, hamburger, minute steak, eggs &
bacon, omelet, pancakes, waffles ... the list is endless. What do you
like?

N.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 3:54:28 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Put a pot of salted water on stove and bring to a boil.

Put a package of frozen spinach in the microwave on high for six minutes.

Put egg noodles in the boiling water for seven minutes.

Stir spinach, nuke for two more minutes and press out most of the water with
a large spoon.

Drain egg noodles in a collander, put butter in the noodle pan, add noodles
and spinach, stirring with a fork until mixed. Add salt, pepper, parm
cheese, or any other kind of cheese you like. Toss until melty.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 3:54:54 PM2/25/09

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message

Sausages take longer than ten minutes.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 3:57:59 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Put a pot of salted water on to boil.

Put frozen broc florets or chopped broc in the microwave for six minutes.

Dump angelhair pasta in water, boil for about, what, 4 minutes?

Stir broc and return to nuke for two minutes.

Drain pasta and put butter in empty pan with some milk and shredded cheddar,
parm, whatever kind of cheese. Add pasta back in with drained broc, salt and
pepper, grated parm to taste, toss until melty and hot. You can toss some
ham in there too.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 3:58:18 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Scrambled or fried eggs and buttered toast.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 3:59:42 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Open a can of black beans, season with pepper and fresh garlic, a bit of
cumin and/or chili powder, a teaspoon of vinegar. Simmer for eight minutes.
Sprinkle with grated cheddar, serve with tortilla chips for dipping.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 4:01:03 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Macaroni, tuna, cheese, milk, tossed on top of the stove. Might take twelve
minutes.

cybercat

Feb 25, 2009, 4:01:44 PM2/25/09

"Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote in message news:go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Pancakes and bacon! Top pancakes with currant jelly and butter. Or syrup.

Gregory Morrow

Feb 25, 2009, 4:15:00 PM2/25/09

cybercat wrote:

I dunno...usually takes mine about "three"...

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Message has been deleted

brooklyn1

Feb 25, 2009, 8:09:51 PM2/25/09
> "Xenon" asks:

> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Ramen eggdrop.

Melba's Jammin'

Feb 25, 2009, 8:48:13 PM2/25/09
In article <go47i0$a7h$1...@aioe.org>, "Xenon" <Xe...@Xenon.Xenon> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>

> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Scrambled eggs and toast.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Message has been deleted

ViLco

Feb 26, 2009, 10:37:52 AM2/26/09
Xenon wrote:

> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Yoy can cook many kinds of egg-noodles, as capelli d'angelo for example.
Dress them with some butter, it will melt with the heat of the cooked pasta,
and add some grated aged cheese. You can obviously use oil instead of
butter.

You could also fry a thin slice of beef or a thin pork chop, or an egg, or
maybe melt some cheese in a skillet while you toast some bread and then pour
the cheese over the bread.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Kathleen

Feb 26, 2009, 11:06:41 AM2/26/09
Xenon wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes

> I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
>
> What can I cook in 10 minutes?

Leftovers in the microwave.

We've got less of those around lately, since girlchild and her boyfriend
have decided that "Mama's House" is the place to be at lunch time, and
since boychild is in the throes of yet another growth spurt and is
capable of consuming inconceivable quantities of even those foods he
claims to consider "just so-so".

Dr Bruce

Apr 20, 2021, 3:49:01 PM4/20/21
ViLco wrote:

> Xenon wrote:
>
> > I want to cook something, but I don't have time, only 10 minutes.
> > What can I cook in 10 minutes?
>
> Yoy can cook many kinds of egg-noodles, as capelli d'angelo for
> example. Dress them with some butter, it will melt with the heat of
> the cooked pasta, and add some grated aged cheese. You can obviously
> use oil instead of butter.
>
> You could also fry a thin slice of beef or a thin pork chop, or an
> egg, or maybe melt some cheese in a skillet while you toast some
> bread and then pour the cheese over the brea

Shameful. A nice soy paste will beat any meat any day.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net