Best guitar for a beginner?

Jasper Tiler

Apr 1, 2009, 8:21:06 PM4/1/09
I want to start playing the guitar and I'm looking for
a good, but not too expensive guitar.

Which guitar can you recommend for a beginner?

Stephen Cowell

Apr 1, 2009, 8:42:30 PM4/1/09

"Jasper Tiler" <slimie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>I want to start playing the guitar and I'm looking for
> a good, but not too expensive guitar.
>
> Which guitar can you recommend for a beginner?

Martin LXM. Great deal, especially if you
can find one used.

It's an acoustic guitar, by the way.
__
Steve
.

Les Cargill

Apr 1, 2009, 9:58:31 PM4/1/09

The Taylor Big Baby is one whale of an easy player,
sounds great, easy to hold up.

--
Les Cargill

WB

Apr 1, 2009, 9:44:26 PM4/1/09
Jasper Tiler wrote:

> Which guitar can you recommend for a beginner?

How motivated are you ? Any influences ?
Rock, jazz, classic, pop, rap, country ?

Anyone to play with ( that helps a lot ).

How old are you ?

There are millions of guitars rotting away
in closets and under beds. Find one of those.

Molten Lead on Liars

Apr 2, 2009, 12:31:22 AM4/2/09

God, A+ :-)

WB

Apr 2, 2009, 8:49:27 AM4/2/09
Molten Lead on Liars wrote:

> God, A+ :-)

I need a recommendation for a hammer ...

Phil S.

Apr 2, 2009, 10:01:28 AM4/2/09

"Jasper Tiler" <slimie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to start playing the guitar and I'm looking for
> a good, but not too expensive guitar.
>
> Which guitar can you recommend for a beginner?
What country are you located in and what brands are generally available? Or
is money no object?

Molten Lead on Liars

Apr 2, 2009, 12:05:56 PM4/2/09

LOL.

Your final observation was right on...under beds / in closets / up in
attics, etc. Take a look at the phuctarded, out-of-touch, most recent
ad flyer that GC just spammed out snail mail:

"The Icon Returns- The 50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard"

(I love the plastic tulip tuning handles...the machine heads themselves
are probably vastly inferior to the Grovers my pristine LPC LH came
with- for $600 in a SF Bay Area pawnshop).

Now- check out the GC list price on this ad: $8,504...

If you rush in, they offer to give you 20% off list! A mere $5,999
they say! Why, WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!*

*The geniuses evidently think somesone's gonna say to himself;
WTF? .8 ($8,504) = $6,803!!! Why, they advertised $5,999!!!!

I'm gonna run in there with THIS AD and snag me a DEAL!!! I'LL
MAKE THEM HONOR THIS AND I'LL *SAVE* OVER $800!!!!!

Ack ack ack ack ack... M

WillStG

Apr 2, 2009, 5:48:44 PM4/2/09

I have a lot of guitars and have played a long time. If you want
an acoustic, the Martin LXM *is* a pretty good choice because it is
modestly priced, is easier to play and learn on because of it's
reduced scale size, easy to lug around as well and it's made of
composite material which is a lot more durable than wood. So it
doesn't go out of tune as much when the weather changes of when you go
from a cold car into a warm room. If I let my Les Paul get very cold
it won't stay in tune for several hours after.

I bought the electric version , the LXME which has a pickup built
in, because I have a $50 Dean Playmate (also short scale) that I was
enjoying writing on so much. I bought the Dean for my kids
originally because it's one of the few really cheap guitars that is
properly intonated and stays in tune. I tried a lot of other guitars
in the price range, and I couldn't subject my kids to the crap. I
ended up liking playing it a lot, because it's around and is easy to
play, and has a unique character.

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy

Claude V. Lucas

Apr 2, 2009, 6:00:04 PM4/2/09
In article <5881f6cc-51e8-4c04...@r34g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

I liked my LXME a lot, too.

I *did* play 5 or 6 before I picked one...

Nice neck, easy to play for an acoustic.

Kalevi Kolttonen

Dec 4, 2022, 6:05:57 PM12/4/22
Gibson SG with P90 pickups.

br, KK