Looking Ahead: Next DDMSence Release

Brian Uri!

Jun 2, 2011, 2:52:50 PM6/2/11
to ddms...@googlegroups.com
The next release of DDMSence (1.10.0) will likely be out in late summer 2011, and will add support for DDMS 3.1. The DoD/IC recently voted on a set of 13 Change Requests which will affect how IC security attributes are referenced from the DDMS schemas, and will add many new IC-themed global components. The technical details of the approved CRs are under development now and should be publicly available on the Data Services Environment in the next couple of months. The CRs can be viewed on the DDMS homepage at http://metadata.ces.mil/mdr/irs/DDMS/cm/RFC_Process.html

DDMS 3.1 will take some time to implement properly in DDMSence, since I'll be making sure that the Component Builder framework and the Relational Database Model stay in sync with all of the changes. DDMS 3.0 will likely continue to be the "default" version supported in DDMSence.

If you have any questions or suggestions for future development, I'd love to hear from you!

Regards,
BU