Paper format

Jari Björne

Apr 2, 2013, 11:25:49 AM4/2/13
to ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Organisers,

I would ask for clarification on the format for the DDIExtraction 2013 papers. I assume the SemEval CFP at http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/semeval-2013/index.php?id=cfp is the format to be followed, but I am uncertain whether the task participants' papers belong to the "SemEval-2013 : Task Description Paper" (which I would assume is the overall task description) or the "SemEval-2013 : System Description Paper" category? For the latter, the page states about the page limit that:

"For each team paper, 4 pages for the first system and 2 extra pages for each additional different system, up to a maximum of 8 pages + 2 pages for references."

If the papers go to the system description category, for those who have participated in both tasks 9.1 and 9.2, does this mean that the paper should be 6 pages + 2 pages for references (the tasks as two systems) or 4 pages + 2 pages for references (both tasks as a single system)? Considering the tasks are quite different in nature, I would assume the first option, but please let me know if this is not the case. Or as another possible interpretation, could "different system" refer to the different runs submitted?

Best Regards,
Jari Björne
University of Turku

Tim Rocktäschel

Apr 3, 2013, 4:08:53 AM4/3/13
to Jari Björne, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jari,

as far as I understand it, we are supposed to write one paper for each task. However, I am also not sure about the allowed number of pages.

Best,
Tim

Isabel Segura

Apr 3, 2013, 4:46:49 AM4/3/13
to Tim Rocktäschel, Jari Björne, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Participants,

We assumed that you can write one paper for each subtask. Please, let me ask the Semeval's organizers.  I will give you an answer you as soon as possible

Your papers should be in the category "SemEval-2013 : System Description Paper".

Regarding page limit, we assume that each different system refers to a run submitted. Therefore, if you submitted 3 runs, you could write a paper with 8 pages (+ 2 pages for references).

Thanks,

Isabel

--
Isabel Segura Bedmar