Evaluation Scripts

Isabel Segura

Feb 27, 2013, 9:23:33 AM2/27/13
to ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear participants,

Evaluation scripts  are now available in the following address:

Best,

Isabel

Isabel Segura

Mar 10, 2013, 6:33:33 AM3/10/13
to ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Some errors have been detetected in the evaluation script for the task 9.2 (these errors were made concerning the scoring of ddi classification)
Please again download the script evaluateDDI.jar from http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/semeval-2013/task9/index.php?id=evaluation-metrics

We would like to thank all the participants for their active participation and valuable feedback that allows us to improve the DDIExtraction 2013 task.

Best,

Isabel

Faisal Chowdhury

Mar 11, 2013, 7:14:34 AM3/11/13
to Isabel Segura, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Isabel,

Could you please tell us what is the format of the gold standard dataset?

I downloaded the latest evaluation script for the task 9.2 and ran it as per the instructions mentioned in the readme file. I tested on the annotated xml files which are provided as the training data. I got the following output:

 Gold standard saved in goldNER.txt

Gold loaded. Sentences=0, entities: 0
task9.2-FBK-irst-1 created...
task9.2-FBK-irst-1 does not follow the convention file name for the task!

Best,
Faisal

Faisal Chowdhury

Isabel Segura

Mar 11, 2013, 7:23:15 AM3/11/13
to Faisal Chowdhury, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Faisal,

Are you sure that you are running "java -jar evaluateDDI.jar "?

Best, isabel

--
Isabel Segura Bedmar
Despacho 2.2.A.10

http://www.inf.uc3m.es/component/comprofiler/userprofile/isegura

Faisal Chowdhury

Mar 11, 2013, 7:43:40 AM3/11/13
to Isabel Segura, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Isabel,

My mistake. I ran the evaluateNER.jar instead of evaluateDDI.jar .

It seems the script is working fine.

Thanks,
Faisal

Isabel Segura

Mar 11, 2013, 7:44:10 AM3/11/13
to Faisal Chowdhury, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Great!!!

Tamara Bobic

Mar 11, 2013, 8:08:37 AM3/11/13
to Isabel Segura, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Hi Isabel,

I also have a question regarding the evaluation script. I get errors like this one:

MedLine.d135.s1 id sentence wrong[checkFormatTaskDDI] Warning! Some wrongs in the line: MedLine.d135.s1|MedLine.d135.s1.e0|MedLine.d135.s1.e1|0|null

The gold standard folder contains the annotated train data with such ids (e.g. MedLine.d135.s1).

Do you have an idea what could be a mistake here?

Thanks a lot!

Tamara

Isabel Segura

Mar 11, 2013, 8:11:09 AM3/11/13
to Tamara Bobic, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tamara,

Why the name of your dataset is "MedLine"? It should be "DDI-MedLine".

Thanks,

Isabel

Tamara Bobic

Mar 11, 2013, 8:20:21 AM3/11/13
to Isabel Segura, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Hi Isabel,

thanks, it was a small oversight, now it works :)

All the best,
Tamara

Isabel Segura

Mar 11, 2013, 8:43:04 AM3/11/13
to Tamara Bobic, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Don't worry!!!. Please do not hesitate to ask me further doubts.

Best,

Isabel