Format of the submission

Isabel Segura

Feb 27, 2013, 11:45:02 AM2/27/13
to ddiextract...@googlegroups.com

Dear Participants,

Up to three runs may be submitted by each team. Please upload a single zip file for each submission. The name of the submission should be  "taskN-GROUP-RUN.zip",  where

-        taskN is  task9.1 or task9.2.

-        GROUP is necessary to identify which group made the submission.

-        RUN is a integer value between 1 and 3, to distinguish multiple submissions.

For example, the UC3M team may submit the following files for the DDI Extraction subtask: task9.2_UC3M _1.zip, task9.2_UC3M _2.zip, task9.2_UC3M _3.zip.

Each zip should contain the following files:

-        A document explaining the approach (400 words maximum) applied to generate this run.

-        a txt file containing the ouput for this run. The output format for each task can be found here:

o    http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/semeval-2013/task9/data/uploads/task-9.1-drug-ner.pdf

o   http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/semeval-2013/task9/data/uploads/task-9.2-ddi-extraction.pdf

Best wishes,

Isabel

Faisal Chowdhury

Mar 7, 2013, 1:44:57 PM3/7/13
to Isabel Segura, ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Isabel,

I found a little inconsistency in the naming of the submission that you described in the email below. Could you please clarify my confusions?

It is written in the email that: The name of the submission should be  "taskN-GROUP-RUN.zip"

But as I can see in the given examples (task9.2_UC3M _1.zip, task9.2_UC3M _2.zip, task9.2_UC3M _3.zip), underscore (_) is used as separator instead of dash (-). Which character should we use as separator the for naming the file?

Another questions is with the team name. Our team name (FBK-irst) has a dash. So, in case if we are to use dash as separator, the name of our submission file will look like task9.2-FBK-irst-1.zip. Is it a problem?

Thank you and best regards,
Faisal

Isabel Segura

Mar 8, 2013, 5:29:16 AM3/8/13
to ddiextract...@googlegroups.com
Dear Faisal,

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.

You are right. The name of your submission should be, for example,  task9.2-FBK-irst-1.zip.

Don't worry by the dash (I will take care of it).

Best,

Isabel