Can not use external solr

Xingjie Wu

Jun 21, 2017, 4:27:10 AM6/21/17
to ddf-users

Hello everyone,

I tried to configure the external solr http link according to the steps of the document, but the error message pops up when the search interface (https://host:8993/search) is opened

I tried two configurations
1.The first use of the configuration file system.properties

2.The second uses the management interface

Can someone answer the details of the configuration of the external solr steps because the official documents for me is not meticulous.

And I have these things on the DDF very confused, please answer for me.  are "Local Identity Node","Additional Local Nodes" and "Remote Nodes".
What are the links and differences between what and how things are added and deleted.

Thanks!

Brendan Hofmann

Jun 21, 2017, 11:02:52 AM6/21/17
to ddf-users
Xingje,
If you are trying to use the solr server that ships with DDF, you should not need to configure that url manually. The variables in the default url will resolve to your installation's host and port.

The nodes are part of DDF's registry capabilities. The local identity node is the node that describes your system. You can also publish additional nodes. The remote nodes are other systems that have been received from the registry.
Message has been deleted

Xingjie Wu

Jun 21, 2017, 9:37:38 PM6/21/17
to ddf-users
Thank you for your reply
If you do not manually configure the solr URL, DDF how to know the solr URL, I installed solr on another host, and DDF not in the same machine.

在 2017年6月21日星期三 UTC+8下午11:02:52,Brendan Hofmann写道:

Danny Tung

Jun 22, 2017, 8:35:18 AM6/22/17
to ddf-users
Xingjie,

I configured an external solr before, the system.properties change should be all you need.
1 - Have you restart the DDF since the change?
2 - Make sure the URL is reachable by DDF machine.
   a - If you have firewall turn on, port 8984 is not a standard port that is open by default.
   b - Are the two machines in the same network?  192.168... is a private network IPs

Danny Tung
董德捷

Jeff Vettraino

Jun 22, 2017, 8:43:19 AM6/22/17
to ddf-users

Hi Xingjie/Danny - I believe the issue is that the Solr instance trying to be integrated with is using HTTP and not HTTPS.  It is my understanding that at least with the default security configuration Solr access must be done using HTTPS.

FWIW I think it would be great if HTTPS wasnt required for things to work (e.g. solr, search page, web services, admin UI, etc.), would love to see an all HTTP configuration supported.

Jeff

Xingjie Wu

Jun 22, 2017, 10:28:46 AM6/22/17
to ddf-users

DDF supports configuring HTTP, the configuration file in etc / org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg.
I did not successfully configure DDF external solr http, but I tried to configure DDF solr cloud successfully.
Thank you for your suggestions and replies.

在 2017年6月22日星期四 UTC+8下午8:43:19,Jeff Vettraino写道:

Xingjie Wu

Jun 22, 2017, 10:37:48 AM6/22/17
to ddf-users
Hi Danny,

     I have described these conditions correctly, but still can not work properly.
     I configured into the solr cloud mode, changed the DDF configuration, the use of CloudSolrClient, DDF can work properly.
     Will you be Chinese? Maybe we can exchange much about DDF.
     thank you.

在 2017年6月22日星期四 UTC+8下午8:35:18,Danny Tung写道: