GH Issues Pilot - PR Templates RFC

R.A. Porter

Jan 31, 2019, 8:30:38 AM1/31/19
to ddf-developers
We're only a couple of days in on the pilot and already finding places where we can refine our process significantly. Yesterday, we learned (or at least some of us learned it yesterday...some might already have known) that GH repos not support keeping multiple, titled Issue and PR templates. We're going to be pushing a change today to add a couple of different Issue templates that will, hopefully, make the process of creating tickets more streamlined and smoother.

Similarly, I'm hoping we can add a few more PR templates so we get a similar bump in process refinement. These would conceivable remain (if we find they add value) beyond the pilot, even if we were to decide to go back to Jira for issue tracking.

I have some ideas on what templates would be good; I'm hoping to get some more from our community.

Anyone who'd like to contribute to the conversation, please go to the Issue here and comment: https://github.com/codice/ddf/issues/4294

-Richard