JSON-LD and DDD

ant...@vinland.me.uk

Apr 30, 2022, 1:49:14 PM4/30/22
to DDD/CQRS
Hi there,

Has anyone seen any use of JSON-LD as a way of annotating JSON API or message payloads - with their existing (hopefully) intra bounded context "ubiquitous language" inspired attribute names - to formally define them as suitably namespaced attributes that can then be mixed with other similarly formally defined attributes from other bounded contexts or other wider schemes? JSON-LD is inspired by linked data and there's a lot of geekiness you can get lost in - here's a good intro blog post that gets to the heart of it for me :) But the point giving attributes globally unique namespaced names to hang meaning off seems to me to be perfect for DDD because the namespace defines the bounds of the "ubiquitous language" and therefore sort of "is" the bounded context? (Cross posted in slack.)

Thanks!
Anthony.