How to update read model schema

cybor...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2022, 9:45:50 PM11/21/22
to DDD/CQRS
Hi All,

I would like to ask for your help.

I have a projector that is continuously running and listening for new events. If the projector is down and upon starting it up, I will read from the beginning of the stream to build up my read model. This usually takes time upon first request if the projector is down.
Now, I have a new requirements to add a new field in my read model for additional information in my reports.
Do I need to update my projector to add a new field and read from the beginning of the stream?
I am thinking to create a new version of my existing projector and read from the beginning of the stream and after hydrating, I will retire the old projector.

Thanks.

Greg Young

Nov 21, 2022, 10:10:22 PM11/21/22
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
"I am thinking to create a new version of my existing projector and read from the beginning of the stream and after hydrating, I will retire the old projector."

This is generally the best idea.

Studying for the Turing test